All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. College Football uniforms- 2018

I hated them. But I’ll live. I need them to surprise me with another Full Banana. And I liked the Goldy helmet. Almost everyone that’s a gopher fan did. Too much white on the Maroon, don’t like Anthracite, and get yellow into the the white helmet. the oars...in knew they were coming. The white helmet has the seamless number pattern with the oars and the mariner star in the oar in black...really odd choice. but I like that it’s not as over the top as I thought. The knee-jerk hyperbole will subside, they aren’t nearly as bad as everyone is chiming in on. As much as I love a good LAbolt pileon.
  3. College Football uniforms- 2018

This is really one of the first instancesI can think of where a uniform is simultaneously generic and completely overdesigned at the same time. I agree that with the perfect combination and removal of the Fleck BS, this could be a passable but ultimately obvious downgrade (maybe C- range). But Fleck’s entire career has been gimmicky crap and self aggrandizement, so we’re pretty much guaranteed to get that grey uniform and/or chrome helmet at least 6-10 games this year.
  4. 2018 MLS Kits

Also what's the deal with Houston's sponsor? Clearly they've not sorted it otherwise it would be donning their new kits, but are they just not going to have a kit-sponsor for this year? Leaving it to the 11th hour if not.
  5. 2018 MLS Kits

True, it would be insanely frustrating. I just don't buy the importance about maintaining the integrity of the brand. Brands might, but it's bs. Especially since they've recolored their logo in LAFC marketing since the announcement. I don't get why they would do that, then refuse to on the kit. Strikes me as dumb. Why not White, even? At least white is in their scheme, they took red out a while ago as far as I know. Like if their secondary (or in the future alternate) kit was red/white then obviously the classic YT logo would be clean looking, even on the white secondary. Just on Black-and-Gold a fat red play button would look not good.
  6. NFL concepts based off of ridiculous Internet rumors

The Titans uniforms are well done but the color combo is just awful. The gray numbers on the red jerseys just hurt!
  7. 2018 MLS Kits

"a timeless design that incorporates tonal stripes across the chest to represent the diversity of both the club and Houston." "Progressives shades of orange provide a vibrant and distinctive look to the kit in the same way that numerous cultures have come together to give Houston its unique dynamism" - - - - - - - ...Timeless.
  8. NFL Logos by MCrosby - added Tampa Bay Buccaneers

That's a very unique approach! The flaming hair might actually work really well!
  9. 2018 MLS Kits

They said on Twitter they’re saving the new kits for the regular (MLS) season: As an aside, I wish the hooped socks from that old kit could be a part of their new kit. Would look really sharp with the burgundy shirt/blue shorts combo.
  10. 2018 MLS Kits

So for whatever reason, Colorado wore last year's kits in tonight's CCL match:
  11. Winter of Discontent: The 2017-18 NHL Season

I love how Garth Snow got his own category in that article. Now if he would only melt away. #snowmustgo.
  12. NBA 2017-18: A Tale of Two Conferences

“June 30 midnight” - that’s the key part. I’m sure it’s just Simmons and embiid having fun (embiid tweeted recruitment bids to him last time around too) but from what I’m reading, James genuinely really likes both of them and does want to someday play with Simmons. I would think it stunts both of their careers if he joins, but what do I know? #trusttheprocess
  13. Stadium art/banners

It seemed like that banner hung at Three Rivers for YEARS in the 70s. In the process of trying to find out just how many years, I discovered that it sold for $57,500 seven years ago... https://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/iconic-steel-curtain-banner-brings-57500/ The original auction house estimate was $10,000 - 15,000. According to a poster on this board, Gene Simmons once rented it from the owner and various celebrities had their photo taken with it.
  14. No, not really. Unfortunately the Tennessee Titans name only strikes a few possible design notes, helmet, shield, sword, and the Tenn flag in some vanilla combination. However, a couple facets you could use to make a tad more unique logo would be a heavier use of that greek pattern, a perspective from below since titans are giants first and foremost, and maybe a color changeup? As far as I'm concerned, a team w the name Titans will never look particularly thrilling, so as long as you are on point design wise, no one will blame you if its not the most exciting logo of the series.
  15. College Football uniforms- 2018

Outside of the oar on the helmet, I think this is a decent set. The M on the collar needs to be fixed, but otherwise the colors are used well, and the pattern inside the numbers is neat. I would like to see something on the sleeves, maybe the M logo, though.
  16. College Football uniforms- 2018

Yeah, I don’t understand what they were doing here. You can clearly see all that unused space in the little collar triangle where they could have moved the logo a bit higher and it would’ve fit nicely within the intended space.
  17. NBA 2017-18: A Tale of Two Conferences

I'm as big a LeBron defender as anyone, but it's really weird that he (kinda) owns a sports agency and has active clients in the same league he plays. Everyone just pretends it's not happening.
  18. NFL concepts based off of ridiculous Internet rumors

Agreed, it looks much better than I thought it would. Thank you! I would also agree that the Titans are my least favorite. Teal pants do look pretty good! Haha, well that's a relief! I noticed you neglected to deny the addition of pink though, hmm... Brb, gonna post on Reddit real quick. Totally agreed on the Browns, too. Oh yeah I remember that now! Cowboys will be next. You know I had the opposite reaction, I tried it without black and it just felt a little too blank. I don't think your redesigned logo needs black or any third color imo, and I'm really digging that whole thread! Thanks for all the kind words! Dallas as well as another team are up next, in the meantime I tweaked the kerning on the Browns and Dolphins, which have also been updated in the original post (the Titans will need this too but I'm going to take another stab at them first).
  19. College Football uniforms- 2018

The M crossing outside the v-neck area is really bugging me.
  20. NFL Logos by MCrosby - added Tampa Bay Buccaneers

There are a lot of spartan style helmeted titan concepts. Any ideas how to stray from that and still get the titan vibe?
  21. MLB changes 2018?

Twins have Matte batting helmets with raised logos
  22. MLB City Edition Series by Pinch Designer (Blue Jays 12/30)

We aim to please.
  23. MLB City Edition Series by Pinch Designer (Blue Jays 12/30)

Dang, that was fast!
  24. Sam, your team sucks and no one in the PHL actually remembers you exist. Sell the Sound. Houston wants a team. East TX would embrace them like NOLA never did or will.
  25. MLB City Edition Series by Pinch Designer (Blue Jays 12/30)

I'm on it.
  1. Load more activity