All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. North American Pro Soccer 2017

I think there's a notable exception to this when it comes to the US Open Cup, but it's not really comparable in this case. Seeing a lower level team win the USOC would be absolutely HUGE. It hasn't happened in a long time, and it's not MLS, but it's the one trophy I consider the most "important" in terms of all levels of pro soccer. It's obviously not the biggest trophy, but I absolutely love that all levels have a shot at it. I kinda wish other US sports did this.
  3. Los Angeles Chargers Brand Discussion

Also isn't the fact that the Chargers go with the navy over the powder blue because Dean Spanos actually hates the powder blue color? Or was that just made up fan stuff to further back up why Dean sucks?
  4. College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

These look fantastic. Way to go UA!
  5. Please let this be true! This could be one of the best looking matchups of the year!
  6. Today
  7. Wow, the Firebirds' new BFBS uniforms are actually pretty cool looking! Can't wait to see what the Destroyers and Bobcats' new looks will be like!
  8. NHL 2017-18

I actually think Philly's orange jerseys look better with the new collar. That's it though.
  9. North American Pro Soccer 2017

At face value I would rather have the MLS Cup than the SS. However, I would value a SS season as a fan far more than I would if my team snuck into the playoffs and won a couple playoff round on draws and unimpressive wins before taking the cup in an uninspiring Cup Final. The Open Cup is A LOT OF FUN but it is a distant third for me.
  10. NHL 2017-18

My apologies. I went to far with that. It's just a bit of a of pet peeve of mine when people "in this business" tend to go "well you don't get how this process works." I admit I'm over-sensitive to that I know it's made up, but I also tend to think that manufacturers maybe go overboard a bit? I know this isn't a new, or even nuanced, argument but Wayne Gretzky is the greatest player who ever lived. And he put up those stats wearing sweaters and socks that were bulkier and made of heavier, less water resistant, materials than what players today wear. Or the Swedish Olympic team winning gold in 2006 while wearing old sweaters. Against a field of teams in Nike Swift gear (how have they not adapted this story for the sequel to Miracle? ) Obviously great talent will shine through regardless of gear, and a lot of the advances HAVE been for the better. I have no doubt that the Reebok Edge sweaters were an improvement over the CCM/Koho sweaters once the overly-tight cuts and the too-sweat-resistant-for-their-own-good materials were tweaked. I guess I'm asking where is the line is between actual evolution and needless tinkering? Did the Reebok Edge collars REALLY have to be changed? Are the alleged advantages of the new Adidas collars significant enough to make up for the sacrifice in aesthetics? I suppose my biggest issue with the Adidas collars is how they're coloured (aside from the lace-ups, which just look irredeemably bad in my opinion). Teams that keep it simple and clean manage to pull it off once you see them over pads and in action. It's when teams try to get cute by making the portion with the NHL shield it's own colour or only half-colour the collars that things get needlessly messy. I understand that this is in many ways new "technology" and a new cut and that a lot of these aesthetic unpleasantries may sort themselves out as teams get used to how the templates "work" (much like how Edge looks evolved once that initial wave of sweaters was unveiled). I'm with @CreamSoda on the aesthetics of it all. Some collars are a lateral move, but I just don't see anyone whose look was improved by the new ones. If they all went Edmonton or Detroit's route with the colour layouts it would be fine, but as they are now? There's a lot of unfortunate designs out there.
  11. 2017-18 CHL Logos/Jerseys

Latvia called, they want their flag back. Other than that, it's a nice jersey. I had no clue Saulietis had such a big influence on them
  12. WWE No Mercy: 24 September 2017

Yea... a WM main event that is essentially a 3 year build that no one really wants... well... better to get it over with sooner rather than later...
  13. Revising the NBA (Atlantic Division Added)

The only one I really disagree with is the Celtics. (I'm definitely biased but) I think their look is a classic and the only changes it should ever see are slight updates at most. The other ones are good though; the Nets alt seems like a good idea although it's a bit blurry, the Sixers alt is great, Knicks primary and secondary are fantastic, and I love what you did with the Raptors.
  14. Cleveland Browns Bulldog Logo Refresh

Looks so much better, and a huge upgrade over their current Dawg Pound logo. Great work on this
  15. North American Pro Soccer 2017

Atlanta United is one win away from clinching a playoff spot in their inaugural season!
  16. Stolen Work

LOL, well you would think, but that's not a sure bet either. you'd be surprised by how often the "ignore it and it will go away" tactic is used
  17. College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I am saying if you really want wings (which I don't like) DO NOT go chrome
  18. Los Angeles Chargers Brand Discussion

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/09/22/could-chargers-return-to-san-diego-nonsense-league-sources-say/ Ok, forget the NFL forcing the Chargers back.
  19. 2017 NFL Season

Just pure domination by the Skins tonight. Who had the Raiders struggling to get 100 total yards?
  20. Los Angeles Rams Brand Discussion

Nike...just do it.
  21. I'm not feeling the bird head secondary. Exploded from the body, it reads like something looking upward. Also think the mainly dark red main logo is lost on a dark red helmet. I do like that you didn't go with a black jersey - although I expect that's coming in the late '90s or early 2000s.
  22. WWE No Mercy: 24 September 2017

So Roman is going to slay the Beast at Wrestlemania? Meh, whatever. It's gonna be a very uninspiring main event.
  23. Looks like some random madden 18 uniform combination a 10 year old would use.
  24. The key reason why he’s likely to jump ship is because of an asshat owner; I doubt he’s even considering playing for Dolan
  25. WWE No Mercy: 24 September 2017

So they gave Beetlejuice a title. Hmm interesting
  26. 2017 NFL Season

I was wondering why Miami was losing to New York today... but then I remembered who their current QB was.
  1. Load more activity