Red Sox Championship Rings!

Roger Clemente

Considering how massive the story was when it happened, I guess people forgot to look for this...but I found this on the Red Sox's official shop website

ultimate_363x469.jpg

Not bad, IMO.

Other ring-esque merchanside:

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/bo...forum/rings.jsp

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

are these the player ones or are these the ones they are offering to the fans?

Just seems like players wouldn't be caught dead with a ring that's only got 1/2 carat diamond on it...

But if this is the design, I say kudos to the Red Sox. Very understated, but in a good way. I'm a HUGE fan.

Who's "YOUR NAME" anyways? :D

It's a simple ring. I like it, but I'm assuming the ring the players will be getting will have more diamonds, rubies, etc. It has to have much more than the Marlins' rings. This one looks like something you buy for your high school graduation.

I saw, I came, I left.

This is not a real deal, not even a real photo, but just good photoshop job. Notice the side pannels. above logo you see letter W of World and CHA of Champions but then on the other side you see the same thing, and it should be D and ONS. So, as much as it looks good, someone is messing up with us.

This is not a real deal, not even a real photo, but just good photoshop job. Notice the side pannels. above logo you see letter W of World and CHA of Champions but then on the other side you see the same thing, and it should be D and ONS. So, as much as it looks good, someone is messing up with us.

Good Catch kc51.....

If this is going to be a real ring and they just rushed some designs on line, it's a nice fan ring, but there is no way an actual Professional Athlete would be happy with such a basic ring.

im assuming that the 8 diamonds (the ones not on the B ) represent their 8 straight wins. i wouldn't be surprised if it was in fact the players ring considering the kind of team they were- they were selfless and actually a team, not like the yankees. like gba said, act like you've been there.

This has to be one of those that fans could buy. It looks almost exactly like the one they offered fans when the Marlins won the WS. Some of the Marlins players when they would go out they would wear these types of rings becuase the original is so big. Kind of like an alternate ring.

Plus doesn't have the quality of other championship rings. Noit enough detail and "bling".

1997 | 2003

I file all of these championship rings in one giant lump:

Tacky.

Seriously. Who actually thinks these kinds of things are attractive?

But then again, I'm still in the mind-set that men shouldn't wear jewelry of any kind.

I wear a watch and a wedding ring, and that's plenty for me.

Tacky.

Seriously. Wh actually thinks these kinds of things are attractive?

But then again, I'm still in the mind-set that men shouldn't wear jewelry of any kind.

I agree. Hell, I don't even wear a watch.

Championship rings are too bulky to wear and too small to display. Give me a trophy any day.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Tacky.

Seriously.  Wh actually thinks these kinds of things are attractive?

Championship rings are too bulky to wear and too small to display. Give me a trophy any day.

So you want all the Lightning to get little Stanley Cups? Or the Patriots to get tiny Lombardi trophies? The players need a small memento of their victory. An emmy-like statue just seems wrong (tradition talking)

I firmly think these are fan-only models.

Interesting to note that while the $2,999 ring pictured above has a suspicious photo, the $999 one looks more legit:

gold_363x500.jpg

I'm thinking that isnt a photoshop job, but a photo of a first-run-sample. Perhaps they just ran each side's plate through on two concecutive rings, to take the photo. Or something liek that.

If it is a three thousand dollar right, i cant see them making too many display-only slugs.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Tacky.

Seriously.  Wh actually thinks these kinds of things are attractive?

So you want all the Lightning to get little Stanley Cups?

Actually, the NHL does give each member of the team listed on the Stanley Cup a one foot high replica of the Cup with the same engraving that the real deal receives. The rings are bought by the team ownership.

I think they look pretty good!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I think that the face of the ring is exactly what the team will have, but that the rest of it was photoshopped from the fan ring, as the red sox logo on the side seems to be painted as opposed to being filled in with gemstones. Besides, I love the diamond B with ruby background. Really looks good.

VmWIn6B.png

im assuming that the 8 diamonds (the ones not on the B ) represent their 8 straight wins. i wouldn't be surprised if it was in fact the players ring considering the kind of team they were- they were selfless and actually a team, not like the yankees. like gba said, act like you've been there.

I hope this was said with tongue firmly in cheek. Do you honestly believe that the Red Sox are any more humble than any other team of professional athletes that win a Championship?

Their rings will be just as gaudy as they have been in years previous. In fact I think that the formula all these teams use is "previous years level of gaudy + 1" The Red Sox players aren't any more "down to earth" than any other team. Why does the world have this fascination with these guys. They bought their Championship just the way the fans have constantly complained that the Yankees always buy theirs. Take Schilling out of the equation and they aren't World Champs.

And as far as the ring versus trophy debate. You can't rub a trophy in someone's face at a Night Club the way you can a ring, and that's the only reason they even get them. If your one of just a handfull of people who has done something unique you want to show it off, it's human nature.

Archived