Pacers, Pistons in for Logo Changes

GMS1122

From the NBA's official media site:

" NEW PISTONS, PACERS logos will launch at the NBA Draft, June 28th ."

also about the Bucks:

"Milwaukee Bucks will NOT have a second road uniform for the 2005-06 season."

i dont know what to draw from this, im pretty surewe were aware of the Pacers rumored change, i dont know about the Pistons though, should be interesting.

discuss.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

those lightning bolts are terrible, their unifroms now might be the best in the league (although i hate the team with a passion), plus they won a title with them. The Pacers I dont mind, the pinstripes and multiple outlines make the unifrm appear busy, I think an update of the logo like Starchild made would be great.

Howard1.jpg

wow, the Pistons have about the best jerseys in the league, why the hell would they do this. They make too many irrational jersey desicions, first changing to the Teal fiasco, no relation to joel, after having a classy set in which they won 2 world championships in. Now, they are gonna change to emulate possibly the worst set of jerseys they ever had after winning another championship in classy looking jerseys. wow.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

i agree with everybody. i hate the pistons, but i greatly admire the way they successfully modernized their 80's look.

ahh well, at least any change can't possibly be as bad as those lost grant hill, horsey teal years.....................can it?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

wow, the Pistons have about the best jerseys in the league, why the hell would they do this. They make too many irrational jersey desicions, first changing to the Teal fiasco, no relation to joel, after having a classy set in which they won 2 world championships in. Now, they are gonna change to emulate possibly the worst set of jerseys they ever had after winning another championship in classy looking jerseys. wow.

Sounds like overreaction here. The initial topic starter only mentioned a logo change, not necessarily a uniform change.

Maybe neither team changes their uniforms, the Pacers retain their pinstripes, and the Pistons bring back the basic logo from their first championship runs.

DetroitPistonsOld2.png

Then again, when Seattle went back to just green and gold, they didn't dig up their Jack Sikma-era logo.

I don't see Detroit drifting from their current uniform set. Maybe add a red third, but nothing more major than that.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

I am VERY interested in what the Pacers will do. I am currently brainstorming something for a logo and it's been difficult. What do you do? It's a basketball team named after a car race, so you can't have too much car race, but take that out and it's generic. Once I get something put together, I'll post it- with reservations.

I gotta agree with jp there. I thought that when they switched back from the teal-era to the white, red and blue, they started using a re-colored horse head logo as their primary - did that change?

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

I thought the horse-head logo was the Pistons' primary logo. I haven't seen that red ball logo used by Detroit for quite a while.

A quick google search revealed these:

[removed pics.]

I think the first one is used the most, though.

EDIT: Just go to CC's site. The logos are better quality than what I posted. I think the modern B-Ball logo is used the most out of all of them.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived