Red Wings Black?

jkrdevil

I've heard a few rumors going around that the Red Wings are adding black to their color scheme next year when the NHL and Reebok do the re-design? Can anyone conform this?

If they do add black I hope it's just as a trim and nothing significant, especially no black alternate. I don't like the sound of this.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, before the celtics tragic decision to add black I would say this thought with the red wings would never happen but now who knows anymore...I hope they dont, their classic traditional uniforms are perfect just the way they are

You know, before the celtics tragic decision to add black I would say this thought with the red wings would never happen but now who knows anymore...I hope they dont, their classic traditional uniforms are perfect just the way they are

I actually think the new Celtics alts look pretty dang good...

That said, I agree with Creamer on this one...a lighter color like a silver or grey would work much better than black in the Wings' color set.

I actually think the new Celtics alts look pretty dang good...

That said, I agree with Creamer on this one...a lighter color like a silver or grey would work much better than black in the Wings' color set.

I think the Celtics look pretty good, too. And I think you're right. If they were to add anything to their colors I would silver or grey trim or something like that. Although, if you think about it, a black Wings uni may not look that bad...

teamsnew2.png

This has been a rumor for a looooooong time with the Wings. I have a black Yzerman fashion jersey, and it's pretty sharp. I would prefer they stick to the red and white jerseys, but if they have to add something, the silver idea is intriguing, but only for a third. No changes to the home and road.

spikes.jpg

The Wings organization pushed hard to add a black alternate a couple years ago but, IIRC, the fans shot it down, preferring a vintage alt. With the rumored jersey changes in the NHL next year, this could be the team's chance to push out the change no matter what the fans said before.

The Wings organization pushed hard to add a black alternate a couple years ago but, IIRC, the fans shot it down, preferring a vintage alt. With the rumored jersey changes in the NHL next year, this could be the team's chance to push out the change no matter what the fans said before.

You're not talking about the jersey we wore for the 75th anniversary in 91, are you? They've been selling that for the past 15 years. I remember a poll on drw.com about 3rd jerseys, but I didn't remember a vintage option. I thought it was just black, yes or no. I did like the 75th anniversary ones, though.

PAAAAACHNKJCIAAO.jpg

spikes.jpg

I've heard a few rumors going around that the Red Wings are adding black to their color scheme next year when the NHL and Reebok do the re-design? Can anyone conform this?

If they do add black I hope it's just as a trim and nothing significant, especially no black alternate. I don't like the sound of this.

Nnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:

NO BLACK RED WINGS JERSEYS!

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

You're not talking about the jersey we wore for the 75th anniversary in 91, are you? They've been selling that for the past 15 years. I remember a poll on drw.com about 3rd jerseys, but I didn't remember a vintage option. I thought it was just black, yes or no. I did like the 75th anniversary ones, though.

PAAAAACHNKJCIAAO.jpg

I could be mis-remembering, I was thinking of a DRW.com poll as well. Thought it gave black and vintage as different options. That was during the summer of 2001, before they released the current version of the black fashion jersey that replaced the old version that came out in 1996.

I have no idea if the vintage option specifically meant the 1991-92 jerseys. Where have you seen them sold for the last 15 years? I couldn't find one until they came out as part of the NHL's Vintage Series and I snatched one up as soon as I could then.

I really hope they don't add black to their color scheme. It wouldn't be the first time one of my teams did this though(I'm also a Lions' fan). If they did sort of what the Flyers did with the "3D" logo by adding silver, it might not look half bad, although blastphemous.

PAAAAACHNKJCIAAO.jpg

I could be mis-remembering, I was thinking of a DRW.com poll as well. Thought it gave black and vintage as different options. That was during the summer of 2001, before they released the current version of the black fashion jersey that replaced the old version that came out in 1996.

I have no idea if the vintage option specifically meant the 1991-92 jerseys. Where have you seen them sold for the last 15 years? I couldn't find one until they came out as part of the NHL's Vintage Series and I snatched one up as soon as I could then.

They've been sold on and off at Hockeytown Authentics since it opened, and there's a great store in Windsor I go to for hockey jerseys, I don't know for the life of me what it's called, but if you cross the bridge, and take a left on a busy road, it's about 2 miles on the right. (I know, TERRIBLE directions. I don't know Windsor by street names, only landmarks. Next time I go, I'll have to get the name). Anyways, the store has pretty much every NHL jersey I've ever wanted. It's sweet. They also had some at the mall in Windsor back in winter of 2002. As for the new black fashion jersey style, I'm not a fan. Glad I got my Yzerman back before the change.

spikes.jpg

JKR - What is your source for this rumor? If you'd prefer not to make it public, then PM me. Let's just say if your information matches up with mine then we may be on to something here.

They've been sold on and off at Hockeytown Authentics since it opened, and there's a great store in Windsor I go to for hockey jerseys, I don't know for the life of me what it's called, but if you cross the bridge, and take a left on a busy road, it's about 2 miles on the right. (I know, TERRIBLE directions. I don't know Windsor by street names, only landmarks. Next time I go, I'll have to get the name). Anyways, the store has pretty much every NHL jersey I've ever wanted. It's sweet. They also had some at the mall in Windsor back in winter of 2002. As for the new black fashion jersey style, I'm not a fan. Glad I got my Yzerman back before the change.

Probably Brians Pro Shop.....There used to be an H&R Block across the street...

Ahh, I've never actually made it to Hockeytown Authentics so I wouldn't have known that. Figured someone in my family would have passed it along, though. Punks :D

I can't tell if I like the current version of the fashion jersey or the original version better, I've got one of each (Osgood for the old, Shanahan for the new). The current is exactly like an alternate I imagined as a kid, except mine had "Detroit" in Ranger-style lettering down the front.

I think that the addition of black could work, I just don't want it. There's no need and it'll make the Wings just like the 'Hawks and Devils and Hurricanes and Sabres (unless Buffalo really is switching back to blue and gold).

Ahh, I've never actually made it to Hockeytown Authentics so I wouldn't have known that. Figured someone in my family would have passed it along, though. Punks :D

I can't tell if I like the current version of the fashion jersey or the original version better, I've got one of each (Osgood for the old, Shanahan for the new). The current is exactly like an alternate I imagined as a kid, except mine had "Detroit" in Ranger-style lettering down the front.

I think that the addition of black could work, I just don't want it. There's no need and it'll make the Wings just like the 'Hawks and Devils and Hurricanes and Sabres (unless Buffalo really is switching back to blue and gold).

I should post the Wings' concept I drew up for an alternate if I can find it. I, too, had "Detroit" on the front, but I utilized the official font, because I dig it. I'll try and find that when I get home.

spikes.jpg

I remember hearing a few times over the years (not sure where I heard or read it) that as long as Mike Illitch (sp?) is the owner they either won't have an alternate or that they wouldn't change the classic look. If that's true, we need more owners like Mr. Illitch.

Archived