2006 Stanley Cup logo

stpmn

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking good. I like it. The old one was nice but after 15-16 years with slight alterations, it was definetly time for a new refreshing look.

EDIT: Took a minute to think over the East / West flip. Yeah I have NO CLUE why they decided to flip it. 3 weeks till the olympics, should be plenty of time to switch that up. Also what's the new conference logos look like?

thats the first thing i thought of when I saw that...Nice looking logo, but East needs to be on the right side of West. I think its east coast bias that they want East to be read first lol.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

East and West definatley need to be flipped, and that black shadow mark on the Cup really screws up how the NHL shield looks on the logo. It makes the logo look off center even though its not. I think this logo would have looked better with the less detailed cup such as the one from the old Cup Crazy logos IIRC.

Otherwise it's nice.

Well, I looked at the old logos, and whether or not there's a Cup Crazy logo with a less stylized Cup I'm not sure, but the cup from 1995 is one that might work better.

Also, the old logos always had West vs. East the way it should be. Finally, I noticed the old logos either said Stanley Cup Championship or just Stanley Cup.

EDIT: In 1994, the first year Chris has with geographic names, the order was reversed.

I've always heard it as Stanley Cup Finals and not Final.

I gotta be honest, I'm a little skeptical about the authenticity of this logo, but I'll just wait and see.

The one thing that makes me believe it's gotta be real is that none of the old logos have the same style Cup.

This could very well just be a concept that was done for it and somehow was found on the net.

i'm starting to think it might be because there is nothing on NHL.com, TSN.com, or sportsnet.ca, but look for the 2007 All-Star Game logo to be unveiled Monday, accoring to ESPN.com

iGLssSH.png

This could very well just be a concept that was done for it and somehow was found on the net.

i'm starting to think it might be because there is nothing on NHL.com, TSN.com, or sportsnet.ca, but look for the 2007 All-Star Game logo to be unveiled Monday, accoring to ESPN.com

Its just the fact its being hosted by Image Shack, and not by a reputable web site...otherwise it would be linked from it and possibly credited...and why arent the new conference logos, which are also mentioned, shown or even mentioned where they could be found?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I'll confirm this as well. Saw it on a promo table at the Sharks game last night. Too small to see the details, but I like it. Definitely has a Super Bowl flair to it. Well the logo went backwards this season so will East and West! :lol: Yeah the original Cup logos with the geographical conferences had them reversed. I wonder if there are simpler ones? That's a bunch of detail for a patch and for the ice logos for the conference finals and the Cup final.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Shouldn't it say FINALS instead of Final???

It most certainly should. Big oversight.

Unless it's ONE GAME for the Cup! :D

I'm kinda thinking the "FINAL" is correct, because this is only worn on the jersey

during the final series, the "Stanley Cup Final" The rest of the series are the playoffs, so to me it makes sense in a weird way.

Archived