Seattle Seahawks...SPECIAL EDITION!

tBBP

Okay folks...this one here is for those who checked out the first part of this installment of my re-do series.

Remember I told you I had a special surprise? Well, for those who wonder why lime is in the Seahawks' color palette but pretty much non-existent on their current unis (an issue I tried to address to the best of my ability the first time just just couldn't seem to make it look right), well, then--THIS ONE'S FOR YOU!

In this concept, I pretty much made two editions of what I call the "Seahawk Shocker" look. A while ago, in another thread, a couple people PS'd a rendition of the Seahawks' uniforms with lime green tops. They may look better in person, but you would not believe how mismatched that "Puget slate" (remember that's MY name for "Seahawk blue") and lime green look right next to each other, so, I got creative. And what's the best to way to complement something light? Contrast it with something dark--and as it happens there's a navy color in the Seahawks' color palette, so...that's what I used for the first rendition. And, just to satisfy my own curiosity, I also did a version with silver domes and pants, just to see how you all would respond to it. I actually kinda like version one better, but, in any event, here they are...

...the special edition of the Seattle Seahawks...the "Shocker" concepts!

SEAshockers2.png

Tell me whatcha think about 'em...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Both are interesting:

Navy concept--subdues the green a little by letting the navy take some of the attention away from it. Great contrast, too.

Silver concept--nice nod to the old Seahawk look, which was one of my favorites the entire time they used it. You definitely experience the lime green with this one.

I'm not sure either uniform set with this much lime green would work in the NFL. I think it looks pretty cool, but it would be one of the most "out there" looks a team ever adopted. The outcry the Broncos experienced with their plum re-do would probably be nothing compared to this.

Very professional, great job. Also enjoyed your previous Seahawks concepts.

By the way, though, I do think the Seahawks should use a little bit more lime green in their uniforms. Green and blue look great and aren't used enough. I remember when the Reds' Triple-A affiliate was the Denver Zephyrs back in the late 80s or so (Barry Larkin played for them). They looked great with kelly green hats with blue bills (can't remember if it was royal or navy), with a white Z trimmed in blue. Whole set looked good.

As I said earlier, old Seahawks used royal blue and kelly green (and silver) to great effect.

Timberwolved use blue and green (and too much black), but not as successfully as I think they could because of other issues: old look as expansion was too plain and uninspring, new look with Garnett has too funky a font for a major sports franchise, IMO.

Certainly worked for the Whalers.

Lime green, though is a different animal. One I like, but one that's harder to use in current day American sports, just because of traditions and trends.

Liked old Mavericks look, too. Even like the newer, much-derided green-n-blue Mavs alt.

Plus, a while back somebody did a cool Devil Rays concept with navy and a shade of lime green. I thought it worked because of it being in a tropical climate and because it incorporated a very traditional look otherwise.

These would certainly be, um, electric.

Gotta say, I like your other, more traditional redesign better. Not because of anything inherently bad about the green, but because I think it would look weird if a team had a home jersey with pants that are darker than the jersey and I don't like the silver pants much with the green. Obviously a green unitard would be born into the Orlando Thuder Memorial Prison for Fashion Atrocity. But I think a green alt might actually work with the white pants in their current set. And I think you did a good job rendering a decent-looking green concept.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

ohhh...it aint my fault! :D DID I DO THAT!

oddly enough, it took me this long to figure out your B. Brooks logo was actually two B's...anyways, I like the version with navy helmets and pants better than the sliver/green/silver version, mainly cus the silver looks out of place, what with no silver on the jersey.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I think the Navy helmet and Pants help to tone down the lime green a bit, not making it look TOO bright. The silver is a nod to the past, but just doesn't work with the green. Too contrasting and makes it even harder on the eyes....physically. ^_^

But your great work just keeps going. B)

I hate the lime green. Not because of Bucco, because the man does excellent work. I just don't think it works. However, if you put a gun to my head and told me to pick one, I'd go with numero uno.

Can't wait to see the next concept!

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Archived