Lakeland Tiger's New Name & Logo

wingedwheel

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's disappointing to me, seeing as how long they've been Detroit's affiliate, and the whole complex down there is referred to as Tigertown. Is this a sign that an affiliation change is coming?

Highly doubt that. It's all a matter of becoming their own product, and not an arm of the Tigers. If I remember correctly, they ownership wanted to change the name to something new, while reflecting an affiliation with the Tigers. Names like "Flying Tigers" and "Skycats" reflect that along with Lakeland's aviation history.

As I've posted on another board, it will be the Lakeland Flying Tigers. Do a WHOIS of lakelandflyingtigers.com

I doubt that will be the site, if you look....it's registered to Go Daddy Software Inc. If any entity were to have a website registered to either the Tigers themselves or Plan B Branding, the company heading the process. Plan B has also created the Clearwater Threshers logos and such.

Here is a story from last July's Lakeland Ledger talking about a logo swap.

http://www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art.../607050352/1004

I like the Flying Tigers. Makes it fresh while keeping with tradition.

I can see the point of becoming their own product, it's probably why the Clearwater Phillies changed their name to the Threshers.

philly.png

I like the Flying Tigers. Makes it fresh while keeping with tradition.

I can see the point of becoming their own product, it's probably why the Clearwater Phillies changed their name to the Threshers.

Flying Tigers actually has merit as well.....Lakeland has a somewhat known history in aviation.

Picture a logo inspired by this:

Flying_Tiger_P-40_Older_Print.jpg

I doubt that will be the site, if you look....it's registered to Go Daddy Software Inc. If any entity were to have a website registered to either the Tigers themselves or Plan B Branding, the company heading the process. Plan B has also created the Clearwater Threshers logos and such.

Not sure what you are talking about, but it seems pretty clear that the site is registered to the Detroit Tigers through GoDaddy.com.

Registrant:

Detroit Tigers

2125 North Lake Ave.

Lakeland, Florida 33805

United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)

Domain Name: LAKELANDFLYINGTIGERS.COM

Created on: 08-Nov-06

Expires on: 08-Nov-11

Last Updated on:

Administrative Contact:

Follett, Shannon shannon.follett@detroittigers.com

Detroit Tigers

2125 North Lake Ave.

Lakeland, Florida 33805

United States

(863) 686-8075 Fax -- (863) 688-9589

Technical Contact:

Choti, Joe joe.choti@mlb.com

Major League Baseball

75 9th Ave.

New York, New York 10011

United States

2124853464 Fax --

Domain servers in listed order:

PARK13.SECURESERVER.NET

PARK14.SECURESERVER.NET

Not sure what you are talking about, but it seems pretty clear that the site is registered to the Detroit Tigers through GoDaddy.com.

Registrant:

Detroit Tigers

2125 North Lake Ave.

Lakeland, Florida 33805

United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)

Domain Name: LAKELANDFLYINGTIGERS.COM

Created on: 08-Nov-06

Expires on: 08-Nov-11

Last Updated on:

Administrative Contact:

Follett, Shannon shannon.follett@detroittigers.com

Detroit Tigers

2125 North Lake Ave.

Lakeland, Florida 33805

United States

(863) 686-8075 Fax -- (863) 688-9589

Technical Contact:

Choti, Joe joe.choti@mlb.com

Major League Baseball

75 9th Ave.

New York, New York 10011

United States

2124853464 Fax --

Domain servers in listed order:

PARK13.SECURESERVER.NET

PARK14.SECURESERVER.NET

Kinda sucks we found out through GoDaddy.com rather than the press conference... LOL
detroitqm6.png

if Plan B is doing the rebrand for this team i cant wait to see it. so far their work is very very impressive, and the flying tigers should be no different. i still dont understand "flying tigers" but if anybody can put together a great package for them it is Plan B.

In addition to the fact that the aforementioned domain name has been registered by the Detroit Tigers, the date chosen to reveal the new identity of Lakeland's Florida State League ballclub may also be an indication that the team is adopting the Flying Tigers moniker. After all, the name Flying Tigers has a military origin... and November 11th is Veterans Day.

Archived