Colorado Rapids unveil new kits

roxfan00

The Rapids last night held a season ticket holder/supporters group only function last night at the Pepsi Center and the team unveiled the new kits....but as you can see the shorts are not complete yet from Adidas, also absent is the sponsor, that's if they use a sponsor. Kinda has that West Ham feel.

314896118_5855be7736_b.jpg

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Yep, looks very "claret and sky blue." The MLS is cribbing pretty heavily from Europe. It'd be nice to see them develop their own identities, but I suppose they tried that for many years w/ limited success. If it helps proper football take hold in the US, then I can live w/ their piggybacking on established foreign clubs.

Claret and sky blue, just like Aston Villa and West Ham United. Great to see the Rapids bringing this color scheme stateside. And I'd rather see MLS teams crib European identities more subtly (like with color schemes), instead of just copying team names (D.C. United and Real Salt Lake come to mind).

QPR%20Sig.png

I like them. My only question is if these are only a basic idea of what they'll look like? It looks like they'll end up looking more like the picture behind the players with the 'slashes'.

You're probably right because this was only a ticket holder/supporters group only function and they probably just wanted feed back on the color scheme and the style, this picture was leaked...there wasn't a press release about the kits.

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Those colors go together really well, and I don't think they've been used together stateside since the glory that was the Michigan Panthers. Plus, with the introduction of the light blue set, and no white tops to be found, it looks like MLS is inching its way closer to having "change" kits, rather than strict homes and roads.

This also gives me hope that the Fire might consider resuscitating their gorgeous "city flag" kits. I don't care if they're playing in Bridgeview now, Chicago's still in the name, and those kits were top-notch. The proposed 2006 ones, with a white band across the middle to better emulate the actual flag, made me drool, and I was pissed that they never made it into production.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Is that really claret and light blue? Cool. The road kits we saw before looked more gray.

Great color scheme.

The kits aren't complete.

There has to be an unveiling of a shirt-front sponsor.

Wonder if you need K-Y Jelly as your sponsor if you're playing in Dick's Stadium?

good color scheme...finish the shorts, then leave it alone!

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

These new colors look pretty similar to the Colorado Avalanche. Coincidence? Or do they have common ownership?

The Rapids, Avalanche, Nuggets, Mammoth(Lacrosse) and Crush(AFL) are owned by Stanley Kroenke and Kroenke Sports Enterprise and all the teams have similiar color schemes except for the Crush.

The Rapids, Avalanche, Nuggets, Mammoth(Lacrosse) and Crush(AFL) are owned by Stanley Kroenke and Kroenke Sports Enterprise and all the teams have similiar color schemes except for the Crush.

Technically speaking, I believe that Kroenke Sports Enterprises - and, by extension, Stan Kroenke - are only part-owners of the Arena Football League's Colorado Crush. John Elway is the lead investor in the enterprise and Denver Broncos owner Pat Bowlen holds a percentage of the team, as well.

Further, while the Rapids, Avalanche and Mammoth share Claret/Burgundy/Maroon as a common color, the shades of Blue of the first two teams are different... and the Mammoth's color scheme doesn't feature any Blue at all. Similarly, while the Rapids and Nuggets both have lighter shades of Blue in their color schemes, the Rapids don't use Yellow and the Nuggets don't use Claret/Burgundy/Maroon.

they have a new crest?

It appears so.

Anyway I really like the color scheme and the jerseys are pretty nice. Except for the green cleats which look really out of place

it looks like MLS is inching its way closer to having "change" kits, rather than strict homes and roads.
They have, officially, for a year or two now. Chicago has worn their reds on the road frequently.
This also gives me hope that the Fire might consider resuscitating their gorgeous "city flag" kits. The proposed 2006 ones, with a white band across the middle to better emulate the actual flag, made me drool, and I was pissed that they never made it into production.

06third.gif

I still remember when adidas threatened us to take the design offline, saying they didn't want to reveal the design in advance, and then they didn't even produce it.

Archived