Austin wranglers logo/uni concept

nitroseed

I don't think anyone has seen this concept from me, so this will be new to everyone. This isn't even posted on my website.

As some of you might know, I worked briefly on developing a logo for the Austin Wranglers expansion AFL franchise. (For those of you who know who the group was, I'll ask that you not mention them by name. Thanks!) One of my preliminary ideas was submitted to the team, but they did not accept it. This concept I am showing you was cut from the presentation before it ever reached the team, so they never saw this one.

My concept for this was a stylized bull skull, which is a rare icon in sports identity, with the exception for the University of Texas Longhorns. That was my primary motive in developing this: the familiarity with that symbol in the Austin area. However, it was mentioned after-the-fact that the team did not want any references to longhorns or skulls specifically because of the presence of UT. Therefore, this concept was cut. But, now, here it is for your viewing pleasure.

Austin Wranglers Logo/Uniform Concepts

As always, feedback is welcome.

Love it. Great work. You have done excellently.

But...

Just to be contrary... i'd like to see you experiment a little more with your alternate jerseys. Simply the third color is a little... i dunno.. easy.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Granted. And I will do so. But, really, has the NFL done much groundbreaking with their thirds besides the third color? If it's hockey, I usually go all out, but football seems to stick more to the main design and just alternates the colors.

Either way, I will take you up on that. ;)

streeter... careful where you go running your mouth or you are gonna have a problem with me...lol... as for the design nitro... as always you are solid on the logo and you are getting better ate jersey design my friend you are gonna make a certain group wish they were like you...lol

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

I like your colors better than the orginals they have now.

Great work Nitroseed!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I really liked this logo - and the others that Brad (aka Nitro) contributed to the project.  Now seeing the entire package, I like it even more.

There was another concept of Brad's that I liked even better, one that in my opinion may have influenced the final design.

(For those of you who know who the group was, I'll ask that you not mention them by name. Thanks!)

I don't mind you mentioning my name on this board, I think you did a great job on this project and I'm glad to have my name associated with it.  Furthermore, these concepts are your's and your's alone, you should feel comfortable to display them as you see fit.

Joe

you heard the man nitro let the flood gates open...lol... well if he is really who he says he is...lol

Yep, that's really him ;)

I might show off the other logo I did. Personally, I'm not really happy with the status it's in. I know Joe liked it more than this one, but I can't say I shared the sentiment. Maybe I'll tune it up a little and post it.

Great stuff.

I think the colors work really nice.

Good choice on the Typeface, its appropriate.

On the 'dark side' of the bovine, i noticed you strayed from the lowlight around the head/horn accents. I always have trouble deciding whether introducing another low light on a shaded area is a good idea. Sure its shaded, so you dont necesarily need another lowlight, but i always wonder, well it still gets darker in those symerical areas. I guess im wondering your reason, if any on that.

But i love your style, very clean, very aggressive.

Id love to see things you did for people under strict provisions too. It always interesting to see how people inject their style into sheltered projects.

Archived