Ottawa Senators Rebranding

GFB

Rebranding the NHL

New York Islanders

Boston Bruins

Ottawa Senators

Alright, I have to make this quick. The Sens organization has chosen to align itself with the Roman Senate. Why? I have no idea, but it's what they chose.

So with that in mind, they need a solid Roman-esk logo to complete their identity. However, they use two weak designs right now, and Sens fans can't agree which one they like more. So for this team I took the stronger of those two designs, the 2-D centurion, and completely revamped it. I chose to keep the peace tower/maple leaf logo because I always liked how it looked on the shoulders. Lastly, I added a Roman circle shield with the new "S" on the center. I'm not really in love with it, but it's good enough for now....

Otttawa Senators Logos

Ottawa-Senators.png

Now here is where the real rebranding takes place. As I was looking through past Sens concepts, I came across one that really stuck to me. So I took the idea and ran with it. The way the home and away uniforms came out really pleased me.

Now for the alternate jersey, everyone wants to see a barberpole jersey. However, I could not bring myself around to actually putting alternating stripes on a jersey after bad flashbacks from 80's All-Star games. So I compromised. I put a faded barberpole pattern into the red jersey and gave it two stripes running through the midsection of the jersey, a nod to the orginal Senators way back when....

Otttawa Senators Uniforms

Ottawa-Senators-Uniforms.png

My next team will be the Atlanta Thrashers. I need a consensus taken on these two subjects:

- Which three-color scheme should I use? (right now I have baby blue, navy, and yellow-gold)

- Modern or classic uniform style?

C&C

GFB

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG THAT IF :censored:IN SWEET!!!! BRILLANT :shocked::shocked: !! It continues what you have made in the rest of your series. You are on the way to creating the best hockey series in the history of CCSLC!! My favorite is the tertiary mark because to me it looks like a roman shield and it fits in well with the whole roman theme. Amazing Job!!! Keep up the great work!!! :notworthy:

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Its nice. Probably your weakest concept of the 3 so far, but thats only because the other 2 were so good. I the soldier face looks a little weird to me, but the logo as a whole looks very strong. The secondary mark is perfect for a shoulder patch.

Well done yet again!

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Brilliant! My only issue here is that you kept the Roman theme (which doesn't even tie into the Roman senate that well), but all things considered, you made the Roman theme look as great as it could possibly get.

Out of the two current primary Sens logos, the 2-D one is by far the best, and your update blows the current one out of the water.

Also, props for keeping the Peace Tower logo as a tie-in to the Canadian senate, the chamber of Parliament that the team was actually named for.

Your update of the flying "S" is amazing. The current one is a very dull logo, your version gives it its own "character" while still fitting into the identity set. It's perfect as the primary crest on the pseudo-barberpoll sweater.

All in all, this may be the best concept you've done to date. Great job.

bloody f'n brilliant. you perfectly molded together the 3-D and 2-D centuron and came out with something i think fans of both logos could be proud of. im more impressed by the alt jersey than the other 2. all in all very good.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Wow, freakin' amazing concept.

I'd say this is your second best concept to date. I absolutely love the home and away jerseys, + the updated 2D logo is amazing. The S logo is wicked too, but only for the shoulder, not main logo. The only problem I have with the whole set is the alt jersey. I don't know if it's the S logo, it just doesn't look right.

Edit: For the thrash, the yellow, powder blue and navy scheme is good, and a modern jersey would be cool.

espnsignq8.png

This is great. I really like the home and away jerseys. The striping pattern is unique and is perfect for the Senators. I'm not sure what it is, but there looks like something is wrong about the primary logo. The S shield is great, though. You are making the best NHL concepts on the boards. Keep up the good work.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

It....*sniff*....its beuatiful....*tears*

Seriously, I cant find anything wrong with it. Its amazing. But coming from you thats no surprise...

Now for atlanta, I think you should not do too much kuje what they do now, but come up with something completely new borrowing a few features that they have now.

Id say Powder Blue & Navy. A two-tone blue set would look awesome IMO. Maybe modified version of the current logo. And a modern look so they dont end up looking like the pens of the 60's & 70's.

oBIgzrL.png

Im not a fan, the peace towere dosnt really fit with the rest of the concept. With all the gold in the logo you should add some to the jersey, and I perfer the other logo. I love the red jersey though and the S logo.

This set is definitely an improvement over what the Senators have now. The modernization of their primary logo is nice, as that is what I associate most with the Sens, not the horrible 3/4 view.

The third jersey for this set has to be my personal favourite, paying a slight nod to the old barber pole jerseys, which would give Ottawa a really unique appearance. A suggestion for another crest design for this jersey could be an 'O', like the original Sens had on their jerseys.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived