New Johnny Canuck Logo

AsM29

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why they refuse to use that, or even the Johnny Canuck/V logo, as a primary is beyond me. What's the point of retaining the whale again?

I'm willing to bet that once the Olympics are done, the whale with "VANCOUVER" script jerseys are gone.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Why they refuse to use that, or even the Johnny Canuck/V logo, as a primary is beyond me. What's the point of retaining the whale again?

I'm willing to bet that once the Olympics are done, the whale with "VANCOUVER" script jerseys are gone.

Maybe they can give the whale to Team Canada. Word is they need a new logo :P

:upside:

"We decided to go with a logo that is representative of all Canadians, mainly Regina girls."

Welcome to DrunjFlix

From Friday 3/13's UniWatch news ticker:

A little birdie tells me that the Canucks may have a new third jersey design next season. ?They might drop the rink/stick logo and replace it with the Johnny Canuck full body shot on its third jersey,? he says.

Commence with the uni-gasms, gents. Might this also lend credence to the current thirds becoming the homes, with a matching white away jersey?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

"We decided to go with a logo that is representative of all Canadians, mainly Regina girls."

e215080.gif

That logo is one of the best in the NHL. The canucks need to use that logo more often.

This may not be easy to see, but they do use this logo on their helmets when they wear their 3rd jersey. Its also on the forehead of Luongo's new retro mask.

I'm not in the know by any means, but it seems likely (and makes perfect sense too) that the VANCOUVER jerseys will be gone after all the crazy tourists buy them up at the Olympics. The stick in rink will be the home/away and Johnny Canuck will finally get his time to shine.

That logo is one of the best in the NHL. The canucks need to use that logo more often.

This may not be easy to see, but they do use this logo on their helmets when they wear their 3rd jersey. Its also on the forehead of Luongo's new retro mask.

Just a thought, what if they did an alternate with the Johnny Canuck on the front, and then the CANUCKS skate recolored on the shoulders? I always liked the skate.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

While it's better than any logo the Canucks have ever had it's not perfect; the silver needs to be removed, plaid needs to added on the shirt and the toque should be coloured. The colours also seem a little off; the green should be a little darker and and blue a little lighter. And Johnny Canuck by himself wouldn't look good on a jersey, something needs to be put behind him or around him. I say put a V behind him.

Archived