MLB Concepts

HarperK

Got the concept bug, so took the current Padres look, which I think is a bit boring, and simplified it. At the same time I decided to go back to an older and far more unique color scheme. Hope you like it.

PrimaryHome.pngAltHome.png

PrimaryRoad.pngAltRoad.png

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The alternate home jersey might look better with a white shadow under it, liek the home and away have.

That said, why do the away jerseys say 'Padres'? I know in this day and age, everyone knows the Padres are from San Diego, but it's still a nice touch to have the city name as the away jersey wordmark.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

The only thing I don't like about this is the stripes around the collar. It just looks like you're trying to mix two elements and it doesn't work.

Otherwise, fantastic job. The colors are great, the basic concept is wonderful.

The alternate home jersey might look better with a white shadow under it, liek the home and away have.

That said, why do the away jerseys say 'Padres'? I know in this day and age, everyone knows the Padres are from San Diego, but it's still a nice touch to have the city name as the away jersey wordmark.

I toyed with trying to replicate the same style script with "SanDiego" but got fustrated and quit:)

Hate the colors, but instead of trying to replicate the current font for San Diego (away jerseys), is it possible for someone to give the away jerseys the home jersey font? San Diego would be a lot better in that font.

everything about this is just great but what i would love to see is some white accents on the yellow/brown alternates in the same places the yellow is on the home/away. great work and i really like this concept. it would also be nice if the yellow hat got used with the brown alternate

The concept is cool (seeing one less team w/ navy is a plus and using the scarcely-used brown would be an extra plus), however, I think (personally) some alterations would make it more modern. You should maybe try a darker brown with different gold (something between athletic and vegas) because what you comprised isn't bad but it looks really dated/retro because of the yellow. Also, you should probably try thinner pant piping.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Update w/ a twist:

Made some small changes including reversing to colors on the numbers/letters on the roadies. Also added the swinging monk logo as a patch. Then went ahead and put it all on an action temp to give everyone another angle on it.

ActionSet1.png

Archived