Iowa Hawkeyes logo

Cyclone20

This logo was designed to replace the tiger hawk on Iowa's football helmets at the beginning of Kirk Ferentz's career, I believe between his first and second season, in 2000. The response from Hawkeye fans was less than enthusiastic to say the least and the logo was never used on any uniforms. It is on some merchandise, I have a t-shirt and a jacket that have this logo that were probably made around 2000.

n1183590582_30138015_9617.jpgiowaaaa.png

A shame, too, because it's much less clumsy in execution than the current tiger-hawk.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I think it's a pretty good update. Kind of along the lines of the Cardinals' update, and to a lesser extent, the Falcons.

As someone who's not a regular college football watcher, I probably wouldn't even notice the changes, but looking at them here, I definitely think the new one is an upgrade.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Being a biased Iowa fan, of course, the Tigerhawk is along the lines of traditions that should not be changed, and I have always hated the "new" logo. In logo years, it has nowhere near the length of some other iconic logos like the Yankees or Michigan's football helmets, but there is no mistaking it for another logo when you see it. A "meaner, modern" version is the last thing Iowa needs.

From a purely aesthetic standpoint, the symmetry of the logo is something I have always liked. It has a nice balance to it, whereas the new one goes for the trendy idea that it is swift and in motion. How dated will all those logos look in 20 years when something else is in fashion? The Tigerhawk has stood the test of time.

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

Kind of off topic but does anybody remember the modified tiger hawk logo that Iowa's women's athletic teams used up until the mid-90s when they were technically separate from the men's athletic department?

I'm with Cianfrocco, but I am another Iowa fan. The original, even if flawed, seems iconic, while the update seemed trendy. That's why it never made it to the uniforms. Simpler is sometimes better.

I picked up a cheap cap with that logo on it thinking it'd be a rarity, but they've continued selling stuff with the new logo on it for almost a decade. So I guess in some ways it served its purpose.

And Herk, I do not recall a separate women's logo. I seem to remember the tigerhawk being used as the O in Iowa on women's unis. I'm not much a fan of that practice in general, using non-circular logos in the place of Os.

• 2 years later...

The surroundings of Jiama city is incredibly delightful. The cattle have been acquiring grass throughout the green grassland. There have been blue sky on their head and rippling stream likely previous during the entrance. I acquired impulse to finish my Travel in Tibet appropriate listed here and lived appropriate listed here for my life.

We left Mozhugongka with unwilling. The automobile drove on city street cut in direction of the Sangri County. The Wodegongjie Holy Mountain appeared ahead of us devoid of knowing the length of time we had gone. For a Tibetan study master claimed, Wodegongjie may be the oldest mountain of the snow region of Tibetan soil as well as most historical mountain God. It have to a fatigued day I have confidence in exactly inside the morning when i was unwilling for getting up. To my surprise, I used to be chaotic with seeing the perfect scenery, in order that I had no time for you to sense tired.

To dealing with the lengthy time on the coach; We have plenty of online games with each other with my tour buddies. I had thought of the situation that we must be extremely exhausted to the practice from the early time, I checked out numerous online games to participate in throughout the railway. So we really enjoyed ourselves within the transit. So unconsciously, Lhasa getting closer and nearer, I was like twenty many years outdated youthful. I predicted arriving in Lhasa to view the town coated with mysterious veil. There was absolutely lengthy time that I'd these emotions of impulse. The surroundings of Lhasa provides a great deal extra fascinating things to us inside the Tibet Travel tips. The Lhasa River in front me advised me that educate has arrived in Lhasa. I tried my very best to deal with my excitement, expected to permit my feeling go down, even so, the many robust operate is inoperative. For the time being, I was keen for throwing myself on her as I'd see my enjoy to which I said goodbye to get a extended time. Thus far, my tibet tour packages was brimming with thrilling. The Lhasa Bridge appeared eventually. We ended up really in Lhasa now.

We had much improved unwind for a person or two days subsequent arriving in Lhasa. To get equipped to conserve bodily power to adapt to your plateau-climate, we actually must look at our best possible to join much significantly less activities. We could use as of late to tour all-around Lhasa or go to the Budala Palace. People today of china tibet tours driving past Lhasa were all wanting forwards to browsing Budala Palace; even so, I am one particular specific of them. The tour pals had not slept quickly once we end the initial day's travel, as a substitute, we chatted with each other about our numerous kinds of sensation following seeing Lhasa during the midnight. So colourful trip it had been.

The surroundings of Jiama city is incredibly delightful. The cattle have been acquiring grass throughout the green grassland. There have been blue sky on their head and rippling stream likely previous during the entrance. I acquired impulse to finish my Travel in Tibet appropriate listed here and lived appropriate listed here for my life.

We left Mozhugongka with unwilling. The automobile drove on city street cut in direction of the Sangri County. The Wodegongjie Holy Mountain appeared ahead of us devoid of knowing the length of time we had gone. For a Tibetan study master claimed, Wodegongjie may be the oldest mountain of the snow region of Tibetan soil as well as most historical mountain God. It have to a fatigued day I have confidence in exactly inside the morning when i was unwilling for getting up. To my surprise, I used to be chaotic with seeing the perfect scenery, in order that I had no time for you to sense tired.

To dealing with the lengthy time on the coach; We have plenty of online games with each other with my tour buddies. I had thought of the situation that we must be extremely exhausted to the practice from the early time, I checked out numerous online games to participate in throughout the railway. So we really enjoyed ourselves within the transit. So unconsciously, Lhasa getting closer and nearer, I was like twenty many years outdated youthful. I predicted arriving in Lhasa to view the town coated with mysterious veil. There was absolutely lengthy time that I'd these emotions of impulse. The surroundings of Lhasa provides a great deal extra fascinating things to us inside the Tibet Travel tips. The Lhasa River in front me advised me that educate has arrived in Lhasa. I tried my very best to deal with my excitement, expected to permit my feeling go down, even so, the many robust operate is inoperative. For the time being, I was keen for throwing myself on her as I'd see my enjoy to which I said goodbye to get a extended time. Thus far, my tibet tour packages was brimming with thrilling. The Lhasa Bridge appeared eventually. We ended up really in Lhasa now.

We had much improved unwind for a person or two days subsequent arriving in Lhasa. To get equipped to conserve bodily power to adapt to your plateau-climate, we actually must look at our best possible to join much significantly less activities. We could use as of late to tour all-around Lhasa or go to the Budala Palace. People today of china tibet tours driving past Lhasa were all wanting forwards to browsing Budala Palace; even so, I am one particular specific of them. The tour pals had not slept quickly once we end the initial day's travel, as a substitute, we chatted with each other about our numerous kinds of sensation following seeing Lhasa during the midnight. So colourful trip it had been.

I know this is going straight to the graveyard, but this... "The cattle have been acquiring grass throughout the green grassland. There have been blue sky on their head and rippling stream likely previous during the entrance" is some brilliant jazz-art-writing.

I feel like, deep in my soul, I can love again. Thank you, spam whisperer.

Archived