NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

The Leafs will be adding stripes to the bottom of the jersey for next season. That is the only news I have got from my rep so far.

The reason behind the Leafs currently not having a stripe is that John Ferguson signed off on the jersey thinking they were supposed to be tucked in. When he found out that they weren't being tucked in it was too late to add the stripes.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing to back this up, but I'm thinking the Canucks are getting rid of the current home jersey and replacing that with the stick in rink (current third). The only reason I'm thinking that is becasue at the superskills last month team blue was wearing the thirds and team white had the white road's.

I'm kind of hoping they get rid of the whale full time. I think it's time the whale retires...after all, Orca Bay aren't the owners anymore. Personally, I'd like to see a switch way back to the old WHL days with Johnny Canuck as the main logo with the "Vancouver" script above it.

This report surfaced a bit before Christmas. Much of it has been rumoured here or already confirmed, like the Flyers' switch to the Winter Classic jersey.

http://blog.rogersbroadcasting.com/nothingbutleafs/2009/12/13/leafs-to-alter-game-jerseys/

Leafs To Alter Game Jerseys

By HOWARD BERGER

TORONTO (Dec. 13) In the interests of marketing, the Maple Leafs will make slight alterations to their Reebok Edge jersey for next season; both the home/blue and road/white uniforms to be modified. When the Edge jerseys were introduced as part of a league-wide initiative with Reebok for the 2007-08 season, horizontal striping near the bottom of the jersey was eliminated for the first time, as was the TML shoulder patch that adorned the uniform since 2000. A league merchandizing source has told me that both will be returned to the Leafs jersey for 2010-11 either a single or double horizontal stripe, and a shoulder patch of origin that has yet to be revealed. The club had a miniature Leafs logo as a shoulder patch from 1992-2000, then the TML design afterward.

The Leafs third jersey a predominantly white replica of the mid-60s road uniform, with blue shoulder piping and the old-style 35-point maple leaf on the front will remain in place, as it is both handsome in appearance and consistently marketable.

Other jersey notes, to this point, for next season:

BUFFALO is doing away with the so-called slug logo on both its home/blue and road/white jerseys, presumably returning, full-time, to the clubs original cross-swords logo, now in use on the throw-back third jersey.

PITTSBURGH will, somewhat unfortunately, retire its baby-blue third jersey a replica of the late-60s/early70s uniform that came into vogue for the New Years Day outdoor game at Buffalos Ralph Wilson Stadium in 2008. The Penguins will introduce a new third jersey before next season. The baby-blue design, once worn by the likes of Andy Bathgate, Les Binkley, Jean Pronovost, Bob Woytowich and Glen Sather, was among the best throw-back jerseys in the league, but has apparently run its course as a licensing product.

NASHVILLE is said to be making a significant alteration to its original design the dark-blue, gold, silver and white uniform it has worn since arriving in the NHL for the 1998-99 season [if the Predators find themselves in another city, the alteration could really be dramatic]. The Preds third jersey from a few years ago a Dijon-mustard color was widely ridiculed, but I thought it was rather striking. Details of the clubs new jersey to follow.

PHILADELPHIA is changing its current road/white jersey and will reportedly adopt the design used for the up-coming Outdoor Classic on New Years Day, a game against the Boston Bruins at Fenway Park. It is virtually identical to the home uniform worn by the Flyers during their championship seasons in the mid-70s, with orange piping on the exterior of the arm extending from shoulder to sleeve; large orange numbering on the back [outlined in black], and white-lettered name-plates on a black base.

NEW YORK ISLANDERS are apparently replacing their current white jersey, but no further details are yet available.

I'm glad that the Leafs are adding horizontal stripes back on the jerseys. They do look plain with out them, and adding the horizontal strips will make a huge difference ( at least an upgrade ). I wasn't really a fan of the "TML" on the shoulders, felt it was out of place. If they bring back the Leaf shoulder patch from the 90's, I would be pleased. But it all depends on what they want to have on the shoulders, or what they have in mind. Either way they should look alot better next season.

4kv29i.jpg

I hope the Flames take a page out of the Flyers, Isles and Oilers and go full time to the Retro jersey, use the current Home as the alternate and possibly have the current away jersey go the way of the retro jersey's.

The Flames have not had really nice jersey's since the 80's so hopefully they will do this.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I'd like a throwback design that still incorporates a little bit of black trim. I think it really adds a lot to the primary, but too much black on the uniforms doesn't look good.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm kind of hoping they get rid of the whale full time. I think it's time the whale retires...after all, Orca Bay aren't the owners anymore. Personally, I'd like to see a switch way back to the old WHL days with Johnny Canuck as the main logo with the "Vancouver" script above it.

Thumbs up to the idea of Johnny Canuck, though I think it would look awkward if it just it by itself. I think it needs to be on some kind of background. Thumbs down to any script on the jersey.

The Leafs will be adding stripes to the bottom of the jersey for next season. That is the only news I have got from my rep so far.

The reason behind the Leafs currently not having a stripe is that John Ferguson signed off on the jersey thinking they were supposed to be tucked in. When he found out that they weren't being tucked in it was too late to add the stripes.

Of all the things I know Ferguson screwed up, I never considered the sweaters to be on the list. All I need to hear now is he fired the best popcorn guy and the list is complete.

Olllld news? :P

Stripes and new shoulder patch expected. I'd bet my left nut it will be a Leaf shape, essentially the alternate jersey crest minus the lettering inside. I'd be shocked if it were anything different, especially with the huge nostalgia fetish they are having right now (every weekend seems to honour some decade...ugh...).

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Olllld news? :P

Stripes and new shoulder patch expected. I'd bet my left nut it will be a Leaf shape, essentially the alternate jersey crest minus the lettering inside. I'd be shocked if it were anything different, especially with the huge nostalgia fetish they are having right now (every weekend seems to honour some decade...ugh...).

Hopefully the Leafs take this opportunity to ditch the superfluous outlines on the numbers, and go back to block lettering on the nameplates. That would quickly bring them back to a sharp, classic look.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Ducks are supposed to be getting a 3rd jersey next year.

I've heard this rumored around by the management and FWIW some employees in the team store.

But the Ducks should be getting one, from all other things I've seen/read.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

The Oilers road unis are blander than

next year's Super Bowl logo.

They need the home and away championship years

uniforms full time

with no third.

Haiku?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived