SCORPIONS FC

Sigma Kappa

Hey guys,

here is my latest logo concept...what do you think of a logo family I came up with for new San Antonio soccer club called Scorpions.

I used European style shield with the famous Alamo silhouette on the top of the shield...the star as San Antonio and Texas symbol...iconic scorpion as a mascot of the club. I tried to compound American and European style together. So what do you think? Any helpful comments and constructive criticism is always welcome.

SanAntonioScorpionsFC2.png

...thanks for viewing!

sks7copy-4.png

It's awesome. I think scorpions are pretty hard to portray but you did it in a relative simple way that works. I like the alamo architecture on the top of the soccer shield. shields are so common in soccer, but you gave the shield a purpose or reason other than just your typical soccer shield. Im trying to think of something to say that you could improve upon, but I cant think of anything. Great logo!

This is really nice. The only suggestion I would have is to make the A bigger in the interlocking SA monogram. It may just be personal preference, but I am used to seeing the center (?) letter being taller than the outside letter. I know making the A taller may make this look like an Arizona State monogram, but I think the A gets swallowed up the way you have it now.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

My only thing is that "Scorpions FC" just may not work together.

Thank you for your comment mate, I appreciate it! ...but I didn't come up with this name...the "SAN ANTONIO SCORPIONS FC" is actual team, a new soccer club of the NASL.

Oh in that case, SUBMIT THIS!!

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Excellent work on this one. Part of me can see what others are saying about the A not matching the S well, but part of me likes the quirkiness of the fact that they're not of the same style.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Just absolutely beautiful.

I actually saw this, I ran into San Antonio Scorpions FC wanting a logo design somehow and thought there be a lot of potential for that.

And this concept, by far is great, you think almost like me, wanting it to be distinctly American but with the class of European logos.

I think you captured that pretty well. Maybe have the scorpion symmetrical, give that a go and see how that looks.

congratulations on some fantastic work. You should submit that to the club/owner if they don't have a logo yet. I like it a lot.

The thing that bothers me is the two tone thing, but it's a thing which I generally don't like.

Did you try to make the logo with San Antonio written out instead of just the initials SA?

Anyway the bottom left with the scorpion and star is a nice secondary or so.

It's probably too small, but I'm curious on how it would with the SA initials inside the star?

Archived