ANGELS to wear throwbacks in '11

ARTnSocal

These will be worn for Friday home games beginning 20th May for the interleague home game vs Atlanta BRAVES, all part of the ANGELS 50-year anniversary

Just announced today .... First time since 1965 the ANGELS 'LA' logo returns.

angels_61_throwbacks.JPG

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The big question many will have, is will the cap still have that unusual white circle at the top . :therock:

DSCN9289-1_11462_1.jpg

The "unusual white circle" is clearly supposed to be a halo, which is why those hats are so awesome.

Well Played sir. Agree 100%.

Next to the Seattle Pilots those are the most awesome hats in MLB history.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The big question many will have, is will the cap still have that unusual white circle at the top . :therock:

DSCN9289-1_11462_1.jpg

I sure hope so. New Era has never made an LA Angels throwback with the halo on the top, so if they wear it this year I'm definitely gonna have to buy one. I've always thought of it as one of the most intriguing caps in all of baseball.

According to the Angels' schedule, every Friday will be "Flashback Friday" this season. Apparently, they are going to wear throwbacks featuring a different decade.

Suggestion for the '90s Friday:

ana-f.jpgana-b.jpg

:D

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

According to the Angels' schedule, every Friday will be "Flashback Friday" this season. Apparently, they are going to wear throwbacks featuring a different decade.

Suggestion for '90s Friday:

*Insert Periwinkle Winged-A Disney Puke*

:D

They have a fantastic 90s jersey that they wore against the Mariners last season. <_<

I swear to God, if the periwinkle softball pajamas see the field this season, I will march into the marketing department and launch a firestorm. Skip this era. It was probably THE worst era in Angels history.

They have the 60's LA Angels jerseys, they have the 70s lowercase "a" capped jerseys, they have the 80s capital "A" capped jerseys, they have the 90s California Angels "CA" jerseys, then they have the current jerseys.

Softball pajamas will be burned on sight. :evil:

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

They have a fantastic 90s jersey that they wore botched against the Mariners last season. <_<

If that does make a return appearance, hopefully the team and Majestic remember this time that the wordmark was arched vertically, not radially.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

They have a fantastic 90s jersey that they wore botched against the Mariners last season. <_<

If that does make a return appearance, hopefully the team and Majestic remember this time that the wordmark was arched vertically, not radially.

If it should make it's return, it will also be the white version. (Or maybe the version with the "CA" on the chest... hmmm) So, if anyone caught the mistake it could be ratified.

I mean they're only going to have one 50th anniversary. Their next real shot at fixing it would be either for the 75th or 100th.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

By some calculations, that's only

Archived