Uniform Comeback Game

TheGrimReaper

If you could pick one uniform from the Big 4 sports (or if you must, you can pick soccer,etc, but please no minor leagues) that isn't used at all anymore, to make a comeback, what would it be? And please limit it to 1 uniform/uniform set. (It can be either one uniform, or the whole Home/Road/Alt set)

An example of this would be picking the mid 80's California Angels uniforms.

Note: You cannot pick a uniform that is currently being used in any way. It would ruin what I'm trying to do. And it has to be for a team that is in existence.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easy call for me. This is the best action shot I could find, from 1968 when the Saints briefly (and inexplicably) reversed their helmet and pants stripes for 12 games (note one lineman still has the "normal" b-w-b stripes they went back to). Keeping the original stripes would be the only change to these. The darker gold really plays well with the black and white.

pq70kilmer.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

952_Phoenix-Coyotes-Green-Alternate-Third-Jersey-1998-2003.jpg

Green uniforms are severely lacking throughout sports, and I was a huge fan of the "Picasso" look for the Coyotes. Usually my tastes are traditional, but this was a fun identity for a hockey team that plays in the desert.

I loved that jersey. I used to own one when I was a fatass but now, obviously, they're pretty hard to find.

Well, Grim, you said "(or if you must, you can pick soccer,etc, but please no minor leagues) that isn't used at all anymore, to make a comeback, what would it be?" and "it has to be for a team that is in existence" which kind of eliminates my favorite-- if Tampa Bay somehow got back into the MLS they could follow the Pacific Northwest trend of going with the old NASL names and wear this:

adidas_ad_mike_connell.jpg

If "not used at all" means you can't include throw back uni sets because they are "used" once or twice a year, that eliminates my second choice: the Buccaneers'"creamsicle" and Bucco Bruce:

bucs.jpg

....So I'll just second what BlueSky said, and go with the Saints' old "original" look.

It is what it is.

I'd like the Red Sox to return to their red-letter away jersey. I really felt this was the best road uni they had.

Since this is a "wish list," they also have to bring back the red/white/blue stirrups and get rid of all their alternate uniform combos.

al_1995_boston.gif

Since X-mas Devils and creamsicle bucs make a comeback last year, I'll go with the late 1980s Padres. Brown and orange after the yellow was dropped.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I love the Vikings' current throwbacks, but my favorite era of that look included white facemasks:

632156_f260.jpg

Those whites only lasted a few years though, because as you can see here, Tommy Kramer was around for the original grays AND the later purples:

51S4%2BXRAQEL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

57598590_display_image.jpg?1290035452

I also always appreciated the striping differences between home and away jerseys -- a distinctive quirk that's lost in their modern set.

Archived