Philadelphia Flyers concept

Has2916

There's nothing too special or over the top here. I just thought that if the Flyers were to reintroduce a black alternate jersey it might look something like this.

PHI6.png

I think it would be well received by Flyers fans. I'm not a Flyers fan so I don't know.

Thoughts?

I'd say all you need to do is swtich the orange and white on the numbers and captain's patch, and you're set. Looks really good!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

heres your flyers fan!! and i LOVE it

1. KEEP the logo the same, its been on a black jersey it can again.

2. Sleeve number colors look good as does the nameplate. maybe switch the white and orange on the back numbers.

3. maybe the hem stripe could be a bit smaller.

4. (doesn't really effect the jersey) the collar background is white. sry:p

overall 8/10 from a flyer!

Jack Gambro Goal Line Design

I don't know many Flyers fans who embraced black as a jersey color, considering it all but removed the "orange" from "orange and black". People were very happy wen they went back to orange.

The thing with this template is that it doesn't look right with trim, so I'd lose the orange from the sleeves and the stripe. Of course that would eliminate nearly all of the orange, so maybe try inverting the orange and white here, so your sleeves and stripe are orange and numbers are white.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I would go with an orange yoke.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

No, this wouldn't work. The Philadelphia Flyers would look good in a black uniform, but the problem is the first one wasn't well-received, and like the Buffalo Sabres thread on these boards, "black and orange" doesn't suit them. They're an "orange and black" team, and a simple palette-swap of their orange jerseys to black wouldn't be enough to sell it to the fanbase. Another issue is with the numbers on the back, the orange numbers and white trim bring down the concept, as white numbers with an orange trim would make it look a lot better.

PHI61-2-3.png

My personal choice was the orange numbers with the white outline but, I understand how the white numbers look better.

I don't know if those orange arms would work on #2 though.

My favourite is #3.

A black jersey wouldn't work as an alternate, only worn 10 times a year in Philly?

PHI61-2-3.png

My personal choice was the orange numbers with the white outline but, I understand how the white numbers look better.

I don't know if those orange arms would work on #2 though.

My favourite is #3.

A black jersey wouldn't work as an alternate, only worn 10 times a year in Philly?

Not as this point, as they've just now started to return to the "orange and black" look that had been theirs since their inception. Like I said, it's not a bad jersey, but I don't see the Flyers using a black jersey for 10 games a year with how the fans have taken to them returning to their original look. Perhaps, they might go back to that in the future, but not at this point.

Plus, I also use the photographic memory test when determining a team's look. When someone mentions the Flyers, I instantly think of the Broad Street Bullies, Clarke streaking down the ice preparing to score, Schultz laying someone out, Parent or Hextall making a save, and even the Legion of Doom clad in an orange jersey, but never in black.

• 5 months later...

#3 all the way! you have to keep your accent colors together. It flows perfectly! very good job.

#1 is nice but the number colors are all reversed. #3 for life!

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Archived