Michigan "throwback" jersey

JJSCOTT

the image of what the Michigan "throwback" jersey for this seasons ND game will look like hit the web last night and I think it could be improved. This is the image leaked and what I think they should do based on their idea. What do you guys think?

mthrowbacks.jpg8146a88b.png

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

looks like a rejected hockey jersey. The reliance on sleeves limps this concept through. It looks good, but the tweaks probably aren't realistic. Is it better than the leaked image? The lack of stitching is nice, I don't know if the brighter colors or better or worse. How about darkening the colors a bit and pairing them with tan faux-leather pants? That might help make it look like a photo from that era, which is I think what Michigan is looking for here

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I thought like you of doing brownish pants but with them playing ND and only wearing these for that game it reminded me too much of ND's with the navy top and brownish colored pants. took the maize from the current yellow to the older true maize although i don't think the jerseys they will wear will do the same. also a version without the long sleeves although I think if your doing a true tribute to those old era's some type of longer sleeves should be used somehow.

4eef45af.pngf8d56a73.png27e91c8a.png

Not gonna lie, the darker colors look more vintage. Maybe it's simply because of how many times I've seen those paintings of the history of uniforms that it's the opposite of usual (usual being that bring colors = throwback game, dark colors = modern game), i don't know. Striping the hell out of those socks might help, too. I don't know how prevalent that was in College Football, but let's face it, accuracy is not the focus with these uniforms lol.

For what it is, I like it. Let's put it this way, I'd buy any one of the above jerseys (and probably try to find an undershirt that had those stripes)

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I love them, would look great for the throwback game. I would just make the undershirt solid navy because the all those stripes are a little too much. Overall, as a huge Michigan fan, I approve!

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

I hope Michigan decides to go with a the muted "maize" rather than the neon yellow they have been wearing for the last couple of years.

I am not a huge fan of the stripes all the way up the shoulders, but for one game, it looks good.

I went to the "big chill" hockey game in December, and these look very similar

unfortunately, the undershirt will not be used for the game. For some reason, adidas enjoys the exposure of armpits, which is why nike is the better company in terms of football. I expect miniscule stripes on the shoulders, although i would love to see this concept

Soccer.jpg?t=1301776720England.png?t=1301868161Germany-1.png?t=1301800713FCB.png?t=1303259982

Any thought to making the numbers on the helmet match those on the jersey? Also, i imagine a 6 in the same font from the leaked design wouldn't have the serif on the end but would be a more conventional block 6.

I like the long sleeve look you went for, it makes it look like an old time rugby shirt, emphasizing the game's roots. Nice work.

Grunge-Logos.png

Any thought to making the numbers on the helmet match those on the jersey? Also, i imagine a 6 in the same font from the leaked design wouldn't have the serif on the end but would be a more conventional block 6.

I like the long sleeve look you went for, it makes it look like an old time rugby shirt, emphasizing the game's roots. Nice work.

went with the helmet style from this pic when they had numbers on the helmet... they also didn't match the jersey # font... otherwise I woulda matched em.

5210216230_b745929b2b.jpg

also went with a number style they used way back...

1963 team photo

went with the helmet style from this pic when they had numbers on the helmet... they also didn't match the jersey # font... otherwise I woulda matched em.

also went with a number style they used way back...

1963 team photo

Fair enough. Nice concept. And I never posted in your wolverine head logo thread, but that thing is awesome. If it were on a t-shirt, I'd get my dad one (he's a grad from some time in the Dark Ages).

Grunge-Logos.png

• 3 weeks later...

thought I would bump this up as the rumored leaked jersey that started this thread showed up on michigan's official website today. Here is a link to the image:

http://www.mden.com/thumbnail/ADN1100

The M-Den is not "Michigan's official website".

The M-Den is an Ann Arbor based business that sells Michigan gear.

If this is what they will actually wear... JJScott got is pretty darn close.

thought I would bump this up as the rumored leaked jersey that started this thread showed up on michigan's official website today. Here is a link to the image:

The M-Den is the official apparel partner of the M athletic department. If it's on there, it's legit.

The M-Den is the official apparel partner of the M athletic department. If it's on there, it's legit.

Yes, I agree. If it is on the M-Den site, it is likely legit.

I am not so sure Dave Brandon wanted them to "leak" the design before the athletic department had a chance to do a marketing press release.

I am not so sure Dave Brandon wanted them to "leak" the design before the athletic department had a chance to do a marketing press release.

You are probably right about that. I just thought it was worth pointing out since the version that showed up on the M-Den's site was very similar to the mock-ups above. Dave Branding laughed at the notion that the initial leaked photos were similar to what we are going to wear vs. ND. I think it's extremely likely that he was lying and that we are going to wear something similar to what showed up today on M-Den.

You are probably right about that. I just thought it was worth pointing out since the version that showed up on the M-Den's site was very similar to the mock-ups above. Dave Branding laughed at the notion that the initial leaked photos were similar to what we are going to wear vs. ND. I think it's extremely likely that he was lying and that we are going to wear something similar to what showed up today on M-Den.

I'm getting a 500 Internal Server Error when I try to go to MDen > Adidas > Mens > Jerseys. Maybe this wasn't supposed to be up just yet?!

I think after the last couple weeks in the Columbus, we can all agree: there is no such thing as keeping things secret in college football.

I thought like you of doing brownish pants but with them playing ND and only wearing these for that game it reminded me too much of ND's with the navy top and brownish colored pants. took the maize from the current yellow to the older true maize although i don't think the jerseys they will wear will do the same. also a version without the long sleeves although I think if your doing a true tribute to those old era's some type of longer sleeves should be used somehow.

4eef45af.pngf8d56a73.png27e91c8a.png

I love this concept. The only thing I would think about changing would be the "M" on the pants. Why not match that one with the one that's on the front of the jersey?

gYH2mW9.png

Archived