Mets wear BP Jersey in game today vs. Marlins

Jahgee

Can anyone else think of other times when teams have work their BPs for games? Here's what I've got:

2009(?) - Orioles wear orange BPs to coincide with orange shirt giveaway night.

Early 2000s - Expos wear their BPs against the Phillies on a scorcher of a day at The Vet.

1994 - Cubs wear their BPs in an attempt to break something like an 0-12 start to the season at Wrigley. It didn't work.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Can anyone else think of other times when teams have work their BPs for games? Here's what I've got:

Early 2000s - Expos wear their BPs against the Phillies on a scorcher of a day at The Vet.

1994 - Cubs wear their BPs in an attempt to break something like an 0-12 start to the season at Wrigley. It didn't work.

The Rays did it a few times when they introduced the new set, but before they had the navy alternate (in Cleveland, I think).

Before I opened this thread and realized that BP was "batting practice," I was expecting this:

story-shirt1.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

The Phillies did it once in the Murph against the Padres. Either 92 or 93.

It was '92, when they really sucked. Stan Javier played CF in that game IIRC.

The BPs didn't have NOBs back then either.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That was in 2010, and it was as much to try break a losing streak as it was to coincide with the T-shirt giveaway. It was only a couple of times in April 2010 IIRC.

They might have done it in 2009 too, though, but I don't think so.

The Rays did it a few times when they introduced the new set, but before they had the navy alternate (in Cleveland, I think).

I believe TB wore those jerseys at STL. I might be wrong.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Kruk%2BUpper%2BDeck%2BF.jpgmd250.jpgMorandini+Upper+Deck+F.jpg

Kruk%2BUpper%2BDeck%2BF.jpgMorandini+Upper+Deck+F.jpg

I had that card I thought it was a exhibition game.

I know the rays did it in st. louis at some point. Anyway I am confused, are they wearing it today or are we talking about when they did it yeaterday?

They wore regular jerseys today.

Typical Mets -- looks like crap. Want to see them go with a blue alt in the future, just not one that looks as bad as the current BP tops. And wearing the black cap with them was another bad idea.

Pitcher's choice, yes?

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

Typical Mets -- looks like crap. Want to see them go with a blue alt in the future, just not one that looks as bad as the current BP tops. And wearing the black cap with them was another bad idea.

Pitcher's choice, yes?

Generally, if there isn't a set uniform, like the Rays' sunday home powder blues, or the Jays friday night throwbacks from last season.

I kind of really like royal/orange/black as a scheme, haters gonna hate.

Archived