Another solid week of good looking match ups and only a couple clunkers - which weren't entirely terrible, but they were still bad enough to make the worst list. Let's dispense with the small talk and get things started. As always, these lists are just my opinion. Your mileage may vary.
Let's get the less appealing games out of the way first.
1. Falcons - Saints: Our first "contributory negligence" game of the season. 64% of the blame for this one falls on the Saints. The black pants are terrible. Period. The Falcons look isn't bad enough to be in Tampa Bay/Seattle territory, but it's much closer to the bottom than it is to the top of my list of best NFL looks. The 1970's version of this game would have looked fantastic. The 2016 version tops the worst list.
2. Broncos - Bengals: Great colors. Ugly, dated uniforms. Look at all the weird stripes and panels. I can't believe I'm about to say this, but both of these teams should use their color rush uniforms as a starting point for new looks. Especially the Broncos.
Close, but no cigar...
Ravens - Jaguars: Maybe I should change the name of this category to "infrared's weekly excuse to point out how close Jacksonville is to a great uniform." Anyway, for the 3rd straight week, the Jaguars got it 90% right. Do I even need to point out the 10% they got wrong? Kudos to the Ravens for staying away from the black pants.
1. Raiders - Titans: Thankfully, the Titans didn't go all white for this game. I thought the colors worked together very well in the sunshine in this one. A very good looking game.
2. Steelers - Eagles: Another game in which I thought the colors worked really well together. The Steelers road look is one of my favorites.
3. Lions - Packers: This match up has looked good for a very long time. Hopefully, the Lions won't screw it up with the upcoming uniform change.
4. Bears - Cowboys: Best home uniform in the NFL becomes the best road uniform in the NFL.
5. Vikings - Panthers: Two great looking uniforms, but I don't think the colors worked all that well together. That said, this match up was still more than good enough for a spot on the best list.
Washington - New York Giants: Remind me to never mention Washington's burgundy pants again. Last week I said I didn't miss the burgundy pants at all so what happens? Washington brings them back the very next week. Even though the burgundy pants aren't my favorite, this was still a pretty good looking game.
That's it for this week. Thanks for dropping by.