1) BOS def. 8) CHI in 4 - To absolutely no one's surprise, the Celtics manhandle the Bulls in 4 straight blowouts.
7) IND def. 2) CLE in 7 - In what many consider the greatest upset in league history, the Pacers shock the nation when they come back from a 3-2 series deficit and stun the Cavs on a Paul George buzzer-beater in Game 7.
3) TOR def. 6) MIL in 7 - Despite Chris Middleton and Giannis Antetokoumpo's valiant efforts, the Raptors are just too much for the Bucks in the end.
4) WAS def. 5) ATL in 6 - Dennis Schroeder simply cannot defend John Wall, and he explodes for a monster series. Dwight Howard is also a no-show.
1) BOS def. 4) WAS in 6 - When John Wall and Bradley Beal successfully shut down Isaiah Thomas and Avery Bradley, Kelly Olynyk has the series of his life when Al Horford goes down with a leg injury early in Game 1.
7) IND def. 3) TOR in 5 - The Cinderella story continues when the Pacers defeat the Raptors in a stunning 5 games, 3 of which were decided with less than 2 points.
EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS
7) IND def. 1) BOS in 7 - With the entire country (with the exclusion of Boston/New England area) behind them, the Pacers play the series of their lives. "Pacers Dude" goes viral after he goes to every away game wearing a bright yellow jacket and, to be frank, being a nuisance to everyone else in the TD Garden. The Celtics took games 1 and 2 in convincing fashion, but then the Pacers did the same at their house. Each team won their respective home games until Game 7, a 2OT thriller that many say is one of the best games in league history, with the Pacers pulling off the upset.
1) GS def. POR in 5 - Damian Lillard does enough to steal a game in Game 4, but not enough to keep the Blazers from being thoroughly dominated.
2) SA def. 7) MEM in 4 - The Grizzlies have no match for Kawhi, and he has an amazing series.
3) HOU def. 6) OKC in 6 - The battle of the MVPs is really not all that heated, with every game being a blowout. Westbrook does get a triple-double in every game, though. So there's that.
5) UTA def. 4) LAC in 5 - The Clippers choke again. Really nothing else to say.
1) GS def. 3) HOU in 7 - This was actually a much more competitive series than many expected. James Harden steals a couple for the Rockets in games 5 and 6, but it still isn't enough.
2) SA def. 5) UTA in 6 - Utah was primed to take the upset with a commanding 2-0 series lead - until Gordon Hayward went down in game 3. Spurs then won 4 straight to create a WCF matchup that absolutely everyone expected.
WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS
1) GS def. 2) SA in 7 - A highly-anticipated series really disappointed at first, as the Warriors grab a 3-0 lead - and then San Antonio won 3 straight to set up a WCF matchup for the ages. Unfortunately for fans of the NBA outside of the Bay Area and any bandwagoners, the Warriors win, and are headed to the Finals.
2016-17 NBA FINALS
W1) GS def. E7) IND in 4 - This is a matchup between the superteam Warriors, the team which was widely considered to be the best team in league history, versus the Cinderella Pacers (the "Cardiac Pacemakers"). However, it was simply not meant to be for the Pacers, as they lose 4 straight in a snoozer of a Finals and the Warriors win their 2nd championship in 3 years.