oddball

Members
  • Content count

    4,637
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

162 Excellent

About oddball

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    15 minutes due west of Disneyland.

Recent Profile Visitors

10,700 profile views
  1. Everything. Less is more. They look professional. I'm sorry that you can't appreciate it.
  2. I don't see a problem with the Mets script as mentioned. It's a script font, it's based off of handwriting and not suppose to be perfect. As far as the Oilers "issue", I love it and think it looks great.
  3. Those UAB uniforms are nice and not over-designed. Good job!
  4. Go here. They do quality work. http://www.customthrowbackjerseys.com/los-angeles-kings-1995-ccm-vintage-jersey-customized-any-name-number-s/
  5. What they meant to say is, "Don't be lazy." Yet, they were lazy with the quote.
  6. It must be spring. The Sharks are choking away another series, John Tortorella looks defeated, and Bruce Boudreau looks confused while his teams just wilt away in the playoffs.
  7. Am I the only one who saw the Kassian hit on Couture and Dillon as being highly questionable and should've been assessed a penalty for charging. He came from 15 to 20 feet away and launches at Couture's head and there's no call? I saw Shattenkirk do that to Kevin Gravel from 3 feet away and get two games, and Kassian launched himself at the head and made contact of two. That sounds like a four game suspension (two for each) if the NHL would be consistent in their player safety. I doubt Kassian will even get a slap on the wrist.
  8. I agree that it's too Cubs looking. Go out and find a good font, look at fonts and how they are used in logos. Figure out what logos you like. A couple of my favorite places to look, because I like the retro look are Letterhead Fonts and Retro Supply Company. Look at how the fonts, give the feeling of a certain look. Look through the sites and see how they make things work. If you use a good font and good elements, the name "Carl" can give off different feels to it. What do you want your logo to say? It's that simple and yet that hard. http://www.letterheadfonts.com/ https://www.retrosupply.co/
  9. Here's the thing that you are missing, unless you are straight out amazing... if you don't have a college degree most people won't even look at you. I know this from personal experience. So go to college refine your skill, get advice from not only your graphic teachers, but your other teachers on on how to make it in the real world and save yourself some unneeded headaches trying to figure this stuff out. As a designer, I get the idea that you don't "need" a degree, but honestly you do. This isn't the 70's or 80's, where you could just learn the stuff without formal education and start small and work your way up. Most employers are not even going to even look at you, unless that resume has a degree on it. They have their HR people look at the resumes and trash the ones that don't have a degree. The people hiring, don't have time to look at your work, unless it's been filtered by someone. I get the fact that there are people who don't have a degree and made it work, but these days, even in the design world, it's rare for someone new to get into the business somehow without a degree... and that's business of any kind. While school teaches you maybe 5% of what you need to know for a job, experience is the other 95%, that degree gets you in the door for an interview. That's why you go to school for a graphic degree.
  10. Actually, a little research brought up this company: http://www.superiorthreads.com/sewglow/ Right now they have limited colors, but if MLB came to them, I'm pretty sure they could come up with other colors.
  11. Challenge accepted. This is from yesterday.
  12. They've finished off to my knowledge their 50th Anniversary celebration. They interestingly changed it between the Florida home game and the Boston home game which was a week apart. The interesting thing is that they didn't go back to the regular log after the All Star game, but kept the 50th for another 3 weeks.
  13. A little more explanation to this topic, if you mean worst design, then you've picked some pretty bad choices there.
  14. These dark grey uniforms are bad. They just look bad. It works for Isreal with two colors and white being one of them. The rest suck. Even China with red and yellow, is kind of tough to read when it's not a close up. Bad choice by whoever made the decision to go to this grey.
  15. The name and the logo come across as a bad and I do mean a bad WWE tag team. You know, the ones who lose every week.