Colorado Avalanche logo redesign

Quackcom

I also feel the biggest issue regarding this logo is the asymmetry due to a very risky angle, and secondly, the imbalance caused by a very busy right part of the logo that almost diminishes the left part

because the viewer automatically concentrates staring at the right part where all the action is taking place.

It's also hard to read the letter "A". That's because of the special angle, but also maybe because that "A" has too much snow on it.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

The snow around the puck in the updates is a slight improvement but when I look at this, all I see is Fabio. Looks like flowing hair rather than snow, and the middle of the A even looks like a human nose. I personally have always liked the way the real Avs logo forms ice around the puck. No need to alter that aspect since they did it right the first time. But the idea of giving the A a rockier feel could work, and this is stylized very well, just the details need refining. I would look at changing the highlights on the mountain.

Hey Folks,

Yes this is still in the works, thanks.

Here is the latest version tweaking the bottom area and softening the twist a bit.

Just to give a bit of the thought process on this, I found a few things with the current Avalanche logo didn't work for m which I wanted to address:

1. The back ellipse isn't necessary

2. That snow flag shape at the top of the A

3. The puck was too enclosed by the snow, making it difficult for non-hockey people to identify what it is

4. The A is very different stylistically

Colorado_Avalanche-R4.jpg

Archived