THE Worst FBS Football Uniform

We all know college football uniforms have been jumping the shark as of late. But which specific uniform takes the title as the worst. The only guidelines I ask is that we avoid any wacky one-off uniforms. Also, I'm not talking about an entire set, I just mean the one worst uniform combo.

Without further ado I'll get us started with my vote: Baylor. Black helmet/white jersey/black pants and socks

Baylor+v+Oklahoma+State+mUTy_eGhtC6l.jpg

Baylor+v+Oklahoma+State+CnDNfTV4R4yl.jpg

90758391980.gif

WINNER of worst ever - Miami of Ohio.

miami-ohio-vs-kentucky-sept-7.jpg

FAMU - a lot of potential with this color scheme but so poorly executed.

slideshow_1281954_famu_0927_08.jpg

Syracuse with the worst idea ever:

-d9ba13b0c25ef8d9.JPG

Oregon in general:

unis.jpg

Florida, this was stupid:

397224.jpg

Indiana, what were you thinking?

new-2013-indiana-hoosiers-chrome-helmets

And Maryland has had some wild designs, but this is the worst because it abandons the team (and state flag's) great color scheme completely, and looks like long underwear:

Maryland+v+West+Virginia+zSxAV7Lw4Rex.jp

87Redskins.png

Take your pick:

hi-res-156602481_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=

Obviously in the minority probably but I don't agree that that uniform combination is the worst in FBS. I'll agree that it has some flaws, but the colors blue, orange, and black work really well together IMHO. Its close to being a good combo, just needs a few little tweaks.

FAMU is not a FBS team and those aren't they're current uniforms

I know some people love to argue for the sake of arguing, but it doesn't specify current anywhere.

But the topic title does specify FBS.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Take your pick:

Obviously in the minority probably but I don't agree that that uniform combination is the worst in FBS. I'll agree that it has some flaws, but the colors blue, orange, and black work really well together IMHO. Its close to being a good combo, just needs a few little tweaks.

I supposed to each their own as I hate this uniform. Between the black, blue, orange, and silver it is way too much and their logo & number on their helmet and the Broncos wording down the leg propels them to the top 3 for me.

spacer.png

Call it me, but those Syracuse uniforms look downright pleasant compared to everything else in this thread so far, and they make perfect sense for a team called the Orange.

If that Miami of Ohio uniform is horrendous, this is 1,000x worse easily.

USATSI_7580316-620x1079.jpg

I think these are the worst, but not by much, as there are other worthy candidates (Southern Miss's is terrible, even if we don't include the two-tone pants)

As an aside, the CFB Changes thread notes that only military institutions can have non-player names on back of the jerseys, as USF was told they had to take "THE TEAM" off the back. But look at those NIU jerseys. They were able to use "THE HARD WAY". Did the rule change this year?

-91b54a39e8fbea7e_zpse9807983.jpg

So Miss: the most ridiculous pants in cfb history?

Yes. But it's fine besides the pants. Western Michigan and Miami OH, however......

No...the jersey is pretty terrible too. Ridiculous piping, cuffs, under arm pits, over-the-shoulder stripes...holy crap.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

If that Miami of Ohio uniform is horrendous, this is 1,000x worse easily.

USATSI_7580316-620x1079.jpg

I think these are the worst, but not by much, as there are other worthy candidates (Southern Miss's is terrible, even if we don't include the two-tone pants)

As an aside, the CFB Changes thread notes that only military institutions can have non-player names on back of the jerseys, as USF was told they had to take "THE TEAM" off the back. But look at those NIU jerseys. They were able to use "THE HARD WAY". Did the rule change this year?

Yes, I think they did.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24667614/update-ncaa-rule-nixes-usf-the-team-jerseys

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

-91b54a39e8fbea7e_zpse9807983.jpg

So Miss: the most ridiculous pants in cfb history?

Still the worst uniforms from head to toe, from the ugly piping and panels, to the weird pattern in the numbers, to those hideous pants. If they actually wear the SDSU-ripoff gradient helmets, it will be the cherry on top of the :censored: sundae.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Take your pick:

I supposed to each their own as I hate this uniform. Between the black, blue, orange, and silver it is way too much and their logo & number on their helmet and the Broncos wording down the leg propels them to the top 3 for me.

Oh for sure, their needs to be some tweaks (yes drop the silver for example, fix the helmet, different striping) but it's so close IMHO to being a decent uniform just lacking execution and cohesion. So I guess I kinda agree it's not a great uniform but I disagree of it being the worst.

Also gents, I think the OP stated to keep this away from silly one off uniforms and stick to uniform combos used in regular rotation those WMU uniforms were horrific one offs.

Archived