Upper Iowa University Peacocks football helmet concept

ForwardProgress

Upper Iowa University has a pretty unique mascot: the peacock!

Because of this I couldn't help but come up with a concept helmet for their football team.

The inspiration for the design was a peacock's head: the blue and green parts represent the blue and green feathers, the white parts represent the white markings around the eyes, and the facemask is gray to represent the gray beak.

Now that I look at the helmet and the peacock head side-by-side I think the helmet could be improved by adding a feather texture.

I'd love to hear what you guys think!

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

2b991bf976c23131534bd409fd0d7c32.jpg

Where's the actual helmet for reference?

Um, I think you have a problem with your internet connection or browser or both because the picture of the helmet is right below the picture of the peacock.

Or are you asking for a picture of what the team actually wears for a helmet currently???

It might be better if you used the school's colors.

I did use the school's colors. They are green and blue.

Waaaaay too much detail, awful colors, and not something that would ever work for a football team.

Come on man, too much detail? Have you seen Maryland's airbrushed flag helmets? And you're saying my concept helmet has awful colors?! I used the school colors of bright blue and green which are the real life colors of the peacock mascot! Look at the picture of the peacock head, those are the actual colors of the animal. What colors am I supposed to use, purple and teal and black and gray and throw some camouflage in there for good measure just so my helmet looks nice a trendy? Please!

"Not something that would ever work for a football team." Wow, you are one closed minded individual!

He's asking for the real-world helmet. And when he says to use the school's colors, he means the exact colors, not a random green and blue because the school also uses green and blue.

Part of my concept was to enhance/alter the school's colors. I wanted to redesign the football uniforms from head to toe and that included new shades of green and blue. And in case you haven't been following the latest trends in college football uniform design for the past four years or so, hardly any new uniforms feature the exact shades of the school colors anymore. And they throw black or grey or pink or camouflage in just for the hell of it.

He's asking for the real-world helmet. And when he says to use the school's colors, he means the exact colors, not a random green and blue because the school also uses green and blue.

Part of my concept was to enhance/alter the school's colors. I wanted to redesign the football uniforms from head to toe and that included new shades of green and blue. And in case you haven't been following the latest trends in college football uniform design for the past four years or so, hardly any new uniforms feature the exact shades of the school colors anymore. And they throw black or grey or pink or camouflage in just for the hell of it.

I wouldn't call that an enhancement. Vomit Green and bright blue do not work all that well together. And the latest trends also show new CFB uniforms are ugly. Plus, the throw in the camo to represent the military, the pink for breast cancer awareness.

I'm sorry but it looks more like it was made by a two-year old who drew random shapes and called it a peacock. I'm sorry.

Noah Oppenheimer

baseballonly on OOTP Forums

Phillies GM in Max Modern Baseball

MMB Phillies Blog--League Blog

IronPigs GM in Continental Baseball League

Where's the actual helmet for reference?

Um, I think you have a problem with your internet connection or browser or both because the picture of the helmet is right below the picture of the peacock.

Or are you asking for a picture of what the team actually wears for a helmet currently???

It might be better if you used the school's colors.

I did use the school's colors. They are green and blue.

UIU's colors are light blue and navy blue.

When one thinks of a peacock, they think of the tail, not the head. No one can tell that's a peacock head. They see a too-detailed eye in the middle of some random white shapes on a helmet with a vast amount of blue and some green on the sides. It just doesn't seem like this is a concept that would work.

Well besides the fact that you don't take criticism or suggestions well, I think the most interesting approach would be a flaked Peacock Rainbow pearlescent mettalic thing. Clearly that wouldnt be easy to make as an inage but in real life, it would be pretty awesome in my opinion.

I would definitely say ditch the whole Peacock head idea and work on something more recognizable such as the tail.

Archived