Upper Iowa University Peacocks football helmet concept

ForwardProgress

its not a terrible concept, but it looks like you're limited by your software. im not sure if this helps or not, but try playing around with this. and i think the feathers would make great inspiration for a stripe :)

UOyNFMk.png

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe this^ color helmet with a solid white peacock feather as the stripe going across the top.

Take it or not, but you look like somebody who don't finish any concepts, you already have few things that you have to correct, "the clover B" "Brewers" plus this one, make sure to finish something.

Respect your work.

Your best friend...

hNa1bgX.png

He's asking for the real-world helmet. And when he says to use the school's colors, he means the exact colors, not a random green and blue because the school also uses green and blue.

Part of my concept was to enhance/alter the school's colors. I wanted to redesign the football uniforms from head to toe and that included new shades of green and blue. And in case you haven't been following the latest trends in college football uniform design for the past four years or so, hardly any new uniforms feature the exact shades of the school colors anymore. And they throw black or grey or pink or camouflage in just for the hell of it.

And as a designer I have always, even going back to my high school journalism/yearbook class, always had it preached in my ear not to follow trends and fads. I also always try to listen and adhere to most critiques and criticisms, which I've noticed you haven't in any concept you've posted here. I believe that makes you the close minded individual.

As per the concept in itself, I think it is a novel and unique idea, but to echo others sentiments I have to agree it is too detailed, and quite frankly probably wouldn't work well as an actual football helmet. When I think of a peacock I think of either the tail, the tuft on its head, or the crazy loud noises they make when you're shooting off whistling bottle rockets. I totally get what you're trying to go for, but without you saying it is a peacock, I never would of known. Also, from the picture above, it seems that the football team at least, has a two toned blue and white color palette. Now if you want to follow the fads and trends of college football and go the Arizona State route and not use the schools color scheme at all then that's fine. Your concept not mine.

With all of that being said, let me just say that the whole practical reason for graphic design is to communicate something without written or verbal explanation (usually). In that sense I believe this is a failure. Back to the drawing board. Don't get so defensive and bent out of shape about it. It happens to everyone. It is not the end of the world. Judging from your previous stuff you've put on here you have good talent, a good eye, and a creative mind. You just have to learn to take criticisms and recognize when something you created didn't work. Learn from your mistakes and what Sidney said... above all "Respect your work". Hope to see more from you.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Alright, I'll do the legwork. Here is the current helmet.

Screenshot_2014-08-19-21-45-31-1_zpsbc05

Sometimes Plain Jane works.... and it does here. Maybe it could benefit from a stripe, though.

Light blue shell, a headdress pattern from the crown to the back and the UI logo would be a good start.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived