MKS Photography

bosoxlover12

So my friend at school is creating up a photography type-thing, and he invited me to like his page on Facebook. This is his "logo" currently

5qLxyzJ.jpg

I decided to make a logo for him, and this is what I got. its supposed to be in the shape of a camera, if that wasn't evident.

n3youBwl.png

V2

PzXudk3l.png

V3:

KJXktChl.png

v4

Qvn3gT0l.png

What do y'all think? Input on the best color scheme to use would be great

Using three different styles of font on the MKS does not work imo. I know you have done that to fit it into the shape but it looks odd.

glory10.png

Using three different styles of font on the MKS does not work imo. I know you have done that to fit it into the shape but it looks odd.

i did it all hand drawn at first, and then mostly just traced it over, which is why it was off, but i agree that it doesnt look great, especially the M compares to the S.

Updated OP with V3

While not necessarily a "logo", per se, the original image feels premium, while the logo you've created feels cheap.

One issue, I believe is your color scheme. The bright colors feels less classy than the black heavy image in-use already. I think a more upscale color scheme could help a lot.

The other issue is more in the layout. The tightness of it feels cheap as well.

Think about a cheap company or product. When a company is trying to cut costs, they make the packaging as tight as possible, so as to fit as much as possible inside while spending as little as possible. Compare that to a premium product. Typically there is a lot of extra space. Space included simply for visual or tactile purposes that drive home that premium feeling. They're not worried about their bottom line as much as the experience a person has when they unpack it.

All that said, I would try working more white space into the design, use thinner strokes and see what you can do with negative space to make it a little more interesting and a little less literal.

Archived