Columbus Crew to Unveil New Logo October 8

Shmee

The Columbus Crew have sent out an email inviting people to attend a party on October 8, at which they will unveil a new logo. Proof below. And here's a link to the MLS subreddit thread from earlier today in which the original email recipient made the news public.

Start your speculation now!

864142525.jpg?1408567046

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The current logo isn't great, but it's instantly recognizable to non soccer folks even outside of Columbus. I hope the new logo keeps the same spirit as the original crest, with updated elements and FOR GOD'S SAKE no copperplate.

The pattern on the invite resembles the diamond sublimation on this year's home kits. I'm thinking they need to clean up the work crew and maybe add the Santa Maria as well. They have a mockup of it in Columbus as well. I'm happy we're keeping black and gold, though I'm hoping next year's aways are black again and not predominately white. They really should have added black shorts to it.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The Columbus Crew have sent out an email inviting people to attend a party on October 8, at which they will unveil a new logo. Proof below. And here's a link to the MLS subreddit thread from earlier today in which the original email recipient made the news public.

Start your speculation now!

864142525.jpg?1408567046

Do you know if this is invite only? If not, I might have to attend!

Kristopher Bazen
Kris Bazen Creative
www.www.krisbazen.com

Twitter: @krisbazen

Dribbble: dribbble.com/krisbazen

The pattern on the invite resembles the diamond sublimation on this year's home kits. I'm thinking they need to clean up the work crew and maybe add the Santa Maria as well. They have a mockup of it in Columbus as well. I'm happy we're keeping black and gold, though I'm hoping next year's aways are black again and not predominately white. They really should have added black shorts to it.

The Santa Maria replica needs 2 million dollars in repairs that nobody wants to pay so they're dismantling it. FYI.

PvO6ZWJ.png

As long as we don't go art deco like the Earthquakes and it's keeping one of the work crew I'll be happy. I think if you had him doing something like the Pittsburgh Steelers old iron worker kicking a football and put him on the current shield there's be a solid logo to move forward with.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The Santa Maria replica needs 2 million dollars in repairs that nobody wants to pay so they're dismantling it. FYI.

They're putting it in storage and I hear there is some groups that will back the restoration costs. Don't be surprised to see the Bob Evans Santa Maria in the future.

• 1 month later...

Archived