Columbus Crew to Unveil New Logo October 8

Shmee

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new logo kinda sucks, I liked their old one besides the fact that the left guy always looked a little off to me. There new one is just...there. But at least they're calling them a Soccer Club, playing in Major League SOCCER and calling yourselves a football club is idiotic.

Phillies, Bears, and new NYFC fan.

Ummmmm. Anybody else notice that Chivas isn't on the logo sheet with all the other teams?

Webpage-Layout_09-1_0.jpg

Wasn't there an issue with the team? IIRC they were about to fold with a new LA team coming in 2017.

Interestingly, you can see the graphic has now been changed on the Crew's website to include Chivas. Here's the way it appeared until a few minutes ago:

ThisIsSoccer_2015_zps8340f85f.jpg

Maybe it was revealing too much...

I still feel using the striping at the center of the logo on the old badge and having the Crew name (minus SC) inside that old shield would look better than the roundel. I could live without the village people but I really wanted a logo that stood out from the other teams. One person described it as looking like Dortmund, obviously yellow/black = Dortmund!(sarcasm)

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Chivas is "taking a break"...

Reports are that it's less a hiatus and more contraction followed by a new expansion team to start play in two years. But in any case, that hasn't yet been officially announced. Which is probably why they went back and re-did the graphic to add Chivas back in.

I like the updated logo, but there was something so unique about the "crew" in the logo. I like the subtle homage with the 96 shield, but I wish there could have been something else. I think the "crew" was different than almost any other logo, in any sport.

However, it is still a great update. It's not over the top, still classic looking... something that can sustain for a while.

Bayern Crewnich.

:winner:

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

The new Crew logo is an upgrade over that idiotic logo they used to have. I just hope the Revs get rid of the logo somebody's kid made when they were the third grade.

However I don't like the fact that the Crew felt it necessary to add the SC. Save that stuff for the MLS 2.0 & 3.0 teams.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Good logo for a taxi cab company. Lame logo for a sports team.

It screams "oh look at us! look at how Euro we are!"

It's an improvement however, much in the same way that no dog turd is an improvement over dog turd.

Ouch that's harsh. The Crew's new crest is a little too "Euro" but it's still not too bad IMO. I didn't like the old much at all as I thought it was outdated by about 2000. The change was long overdue.

Without "Columbus" on there I would guess it's for a Pittsburgh-based team with the black and yellow and the European-looking heraldry patterns.

Does Columbus really play up the fact that it has a lot of German heritage? Yeah, you and Chicago and Milwaukee and Cincinnati and St. Louis and Buffalo and basically every corner of the industrial Midwest.

That being said, it's objectively a very good soccer logo and I would be proud to wear stuff with it on it!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Webpage-Layout_09-1_0.jpg

New England is on the clock.

There is something that bothers me so much about that Orlando City badge that I can't put my finger on it but it doesn't look that professional to me. The color scheme is great but don't know if it is the lion/sun hybrid or the thin borders.

First off: Let's not talk about whether or whether not Chivas are coming back here.

As far as the Crew crest goes...

I really, really like it. Going to nitpick a little bit in that I don't like how the old shield has a yellow drop shadow rather than a full outline but it's so much better than the rest.

It's really generic but I don't think that's an issue. I saw someone describe it as being something that'd perfectly fit in over in Germany and I completely agree. A lot better than the old one — maybe I'll give the Crew another chance to win my fandom next year.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived