NHL outside the box. (NORDIQUES added)

72freebie

I'm all for adding teal to a Flyers concept meant to be "out there" but I don't think it looks good in this context. The side panels look awkard and the recoloured logo lacks the contrast of the original. Perhaps confining teal to a small outline would better serve the logo.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I have enjoyed most of the wacky and wild designs, that Flyers one is a bit hard on the eyes. What makes it hard on the eyes is the way teal and orange clash on the jersey. Teal, orange and black works with the sharks in the manner they position the color, here it clashes and badly. My suggestion here is to drop the teal for possibly silver. Silver would accentuate the orange and black far better than the teal would.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

While I have enjoyed most of the wacky and wild designs, that Flyers one is a bit hard on the eyes. What makes it hard on the eyes is the way teal and orange clash on the jersey. Teal, orange and black works with the sharks in the manner they position the color, here it clashes and badly. My suggestion here is to drop the teal for possibly silver. Silver would accentuate the orange and black far better than the teal would.

Makes sense to me--even if this is supposed to be outside the box.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

That is information that you should include in the future when posting "concepts"

The difference between the AHL team using that logo and you using it is that they received permission.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

That is information that you should include in the future when posting "concepts"

The difference between the AHL team using that logo and you using it is that they received permission.

By this logic, we need to contact each pro team every time we do a concept for them. :rolleyes:

Neat concepts, man. I wouldn't want to see any of them on ice, per se, but it's still a fun series.

There's a difference between making a serious team concept using a teams official logo and making a concept using clipart and dissecting elements of a logo to pass off as a concept that you created.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

There's a difference between making a serious team concept using a teams official logo and making a concept using clipart and dissecting elements of a logo to pass off as a concept that you created.

It's not clipart. It's on the team's official store and even their farm team uses it. On what planet is that clipart?

Saying that this isn't a true concept is like saying if I were to do a Winnipeg Jets concept wherein a took the jet and leaf out of the roundel, that isn't a true concept because I "dissected" the logo.

Just about every concept on these boards uses intellectual property in some regard so why single out this guy? It's not like he's profiting from the design in any way, it's just a concept. It's how he imagines or wants a specific jersey to look.

Should be interesting, but could you please start pasting the pictures directly into your thread. Instead of hitting the hyperlink button, click on the tree/polaroid picture two to the right of it. Paste the url into the box that opens. Violá.

award%20sig.png

Archived