NHL outside the box. (NORDIQUES added)

72freebie

My favourite kinds of jerseys to make have always been ones that are out of the ordinary, unique and just crazy. So I am making outside the box jerseys for all the NHL teams. I am going to try to make the third jerseys especially crazy. These will be done in alphabetical order and made on MS paint. I love comments and criticism so please do so and tell me what I can improve on.

First are the Anaheim Ducks

ducks_zps54fe0c1d.png

Arizona Coyotes
coyotes_zps8b6f7a63.png

Boston Bruins
bruins_zps1c1dddf6.png

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I can tell you I'd likely never want to see these on the ice, but I'm gathering that that's sort of your theme here :)

I do like how the home and away take unique and daring designs yet still mostly keep the identity of the team intact. You really don't see that that often in these type of series. One thing I would do myself on Arizona would have been to make the brick red stripe on the shoulders to just be one on the middle, rather than two on the front and back. But I guess with the Nike template it's kind of limited in that respect.

As for your third sweaters, well, that's where that 'never want to see on ice' thing comes in. But it's still neat to see what goes on in people's heads when they think freely about concepts. A bit heavy on the triangular patterns though, would like to see what you have coming in your next set.

Your execution is pretty good, nothing's out of place or distorted really; but in Arizona's sweaters, the NOB's should really be white and all the numbers on the alternate should be as well.

Waiting with one hand over my eyes to see what you come up with next ;)

Yeah, I'm not sure I'd want to see these on the ice either, however - they look cool at least as concepts.

The Bruins set is my personal favorite. The Arizona Coyotes thirds are a bit much for me. If anything make the NOB and numbers white, maybe with black outline if you want to keep the black. On the home and away of the Coyotes set the shoulder yoke sun pattern looks off to me, but maybe it's just the pattern itself, not sure. Ducks set looks good, but I'm not sure what the triangle pattern on the Ducks third is supposed to represent.

All in all - cool start to the out of box designs.

The Bruins third has a very MLB Turn-Ahead-the-Clock feeling to it, despite being for a different sport entirely. I like it!

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

These jerseys are pretty cool and actually would have a pretty good use. Roller hockey jerseys tend to be a bit more on the wild side. The Anaheim Ducks actually used to have a youth inline program which wore jerseys like the one below, your jerseys seem like they would be a continuation of that program for the whole NHL. Nice Work!

P0KBrXm.jpg

Some of these would probably cause headaches if six men were wearing these on the ice and skating at full speed (I'm especially looking at you, Carolina alt), but they are interesting. I would suggest you change the Flames' striping. Flames usually only move up, so I would suggest you move the flame stripes on the sleeves to the bottom of the sleeves, and have the flames only going up the arm.

award%20sig.png

Archived