Complete College Football Redesign (Sun Belt Pt. 2 11/20)

mbannon92

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disappointed that you took away what is IMO the best helmet Duke has (blue) and kept the all-black look. Also not a fan of the D-with-ball logo but I can live with it.

Everything else looks good - In particular, I like how classy you made Georgia Tech look. Especially after these past few years with Russell plastering that honeycomb pattern everywhere they could.

Thanks for the feedback C2. Much appreciated.

Regarding Virginia, I can see what you're saying. But I just couldn't resist the swords on the pants...it's like they have dual holsters?

I never would've thought of it like that, but yeah that's kinda bad ass then!

Up next, the Big Ten East!

Links: Indiana | Maryland | Michigan | Michigan State | Ohio State | Penn State | Rutgers

Indiana

- Thin double striping inspired by basketball uniforms.

- Two helmets: red and white with the interlocking IU. NO chrome, no candy canes, no Indiana flag.

S6iQSsb.png

Maryland

- The black and yellow piping returns to the uniforms.

- Numbers have a sublimated flag pattern (like the basketball team).

- Primary helmets (black and white) have the flag pattern sublimated and black/yellow piping, while the third helmet is the full color flag.

gb1pL2I.png

Michigan

- Home uniform is unchanged.

- Road uniform features four alternating stripes, sort of a middle ground between these and these.

- Alternate white pants added.

xOupAo8.png

Michigan State

- Home and road uniforms are simplified.

- MSU shield logo moved from helmet bumper to collar.

- Alternate uniform is green and bronze and features a satin bronze helmet with plume.

k8y2suF.png

Ohio State

- This whole look is a compromise between their regular and alternate uniforms.

- Helmets are the regular, sparkly finish with black buckeyes, but with the big stripes.

- Jerseys and pants feature the big stripes, but white/red, solid numbers.

- Sleeve cuffs match the base jersey color, making the stripes a little smaller and reducing the amount of black in them.

Gwv6q62.png

Penn State

- Contrasting collar and cuffs return.

- Pants stripe added.

ltVrQFh.png

Rutgers

- Silver and striping removed. (I think the striping works better for UCF *hint hint*)

- Scratches remain on helmet, are moved from the jersey shoulders to the sleeves, and added to the pants.

- Number font stays (because it's awesome), and would be used across the athletic program.

a21r7I7.png

Rutgers is my favorite of the BIG East teams because you fixed all the problems I have with the current look.

I couldn't agree more. Also you made just notice something. Rutgers is know a Part of the BIG East, just like they used to be, kind of ironic.

NEWSGG copy.png

Moving on to the Big Ten West!

Links: Illinois | Iowa | Minnesota | Nebraska | Northwestern | Purdue | Wisconsin

Illinois

- I'm a big fan of their new look, so this one was tough.

- Helmet and pants striping now has a thin stripe on each side instead of down the middle, reflecting the block I logo.

- Zig-zag sleeve striping comes from the new basketball uniforms.

ZSDZA9B.png

Iowa

- New, modern look replaces the Steelers knock-offs.

- Tapered helmet and pants stripes complement the chevron striping on the sleeves, which comes from the basketball team.

- Number font reflects the wordmark.

- 1939 throwback uniform honors the 75 year anniversary of Nile Kinnick winning the Heisman.

SoJ0cWL.png

Minnesota

- New striping pattern is inspired by the M logo.

- Brick pattern removed from the numbers. (Because that was really dumb.)

B6ovDc8.png

Nebraska

- Striping inconsistency solved by making all striping white-red-white, regardless of background. (Nebraska hasn't always had the double sleeve and pants stripes, so I felt that should be changed over the helmet.)

pF6xT9b.png

Northwestern

- A near perfect set in my opinion. My only significant change was flipping the colors of the numbers and stripes on the away jersey.

- Northwestern stripes added to the socks, because why not?

82CWLqu.png

Purdue

- Single helmet and pants striping remain, while the sleeves feature a color block in the shape of the pilot in the logo.

- New number font that better reflects the type in the train logo.

8Mvu3IB.png

Wisconsin

- Four-stripe pattern on the shoulders inspired by Bucky Badger.

- Wordmark added to front of jerseys.

- Aachen now used for the numbers.

yj7iq3B.png

Love all of these. For the most part these are somewhat realistic possibilities for teams and they're fantastic. I especially liked Wisconsin (but it looks exactly like Texas A&M), loved Michigan's road and alternate set as I really think that should be their full time road jersey, and I liked Florida State's font compared to what they really use. Great job.

I'll come back later with a more in-depth analysis of the B1G when I have access to my laptop, but from what I can see on mobile, the whole conference looks pretty good

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Archived