Complete College Football Redesign (Sun Belt Pt. 2 11/20)

mbannon92

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe the black marshall look would look more consistent if the outline of the M and the numbers was (outside-in) White, Black, Green. Just so the three layer look is consistent throughout all the sets. Also, I would add some black to the UAB jerseys. Pants look kind of out of place to me.

I designed the alternate the way I did because, according to Marshall's brand standards, the coloring of the M logo doesn't change. It's always green with white then black outlines.

Last call for comments before I post the West!

Now up, the C-USA West.

Links: Louisiana Tech | North Texas | Rice | Southern Miss | UTEP | UTSA

Louisiana Tech

- Removed the stripe from the helmet (a look they've worn before) but kept the red L in the logo for consistency.

- Removed the thin white stripes on the striping on the white jersey and pants for consistency.

- Added the bulldog logo to the collar.

QvxfSX0.png?1

North Texas

- Added the wings from the logo to the sleeves, and made a pants stripe based off the wings.

- Custom block number font with serifs that match the wordmarks.

- Kept the black uniform because it looks really sharp with the kelly green and white.

ZRHkk0s.png?1

Rice

- Changed the facemask from grey to blue and removed the stroke from the numbers, to match the logo.

- Added the wings from this logo to the sleeves. The detail in them pairs well with the Old English logo and script, IMO. And no, I won't be putting wings on every adidas team with a bird mascot.

- Added a thick pants stripe with thin, grey trim.

hiVMTga.png?1

Southern Miss

- Another one of my favorites. Leaving Russell and it's two-colored pants and returning to Nike, this look is based off the 1970 uniforms they threw back to in 2012.

- The striping pattern on all jerseys and pants is thin yellow/thin black/thin yellow/thick black. The jersey striping is Seahawks-esque, starting at an angle at the collar, and the pants stripes are cut off to match. Both reflect the striping in the helmet logo.

- The helmet features two thin yellow stripes to match the black jerseys and pants.

8QJGdXO.png?1

UTEP

- This look is meant to reflect the axe in their logo. The sleeves feature arched striping that reflects the head of the axe, while the pants have straight striping to reflect the handle. The helmet is now stripeless.

- The miner head logo is on the collar, and the team's actual "Miners" script is on the chest.

Og69y8H.png?1

UTSA

- One helmet: Navy blue with the roadrunner head logo and a tapered orange stripe with white trim. The pants feature a matching stripe.

- The sleeves feature the spikes from the roadrunner's head in a single color with a stroke.

- The Texas outline logo is used above the NOB and on the pants.

YeTdRIB.png?1

Sorry I'm late. I have been lurking though.

Cincy, UCONN. HOU, MEM, SMU, Temple + Tulsa: These are all excellent. Nice work.

ECU: Have you thought of using gold numbers? I do like the change from the purple ones though.

Tulane: I've always loved the Green and Light Blue color scheme. Why they would add anything else (other than maybe the seafoam green).

UCF: I love the blackout set. The knight head logo is severely underused.

C-USA East: Great looking division. No Complaints

C-USA WEST: My only critique is UTEP. I think you missed a huge opportunity with their helmets. While I like the solid orange, If you had a stripe resemble a pick ax, it would look much better (starts at a point, grows thicker at the top, then tapers back to a point in the back). Maybe have it mostly navy with a white outline?

Keep up the fantastic work! This is one of the better threads I've seen in a while

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I don't know what it is, but something about the wings for UTSA just seems off.

I think it is because of how they start on the front of the jersey. if you could taper that rectangular front it would look much better.

I agree, but I have to work with adidas' $hi++y template.

C-USA WEST: My only critique is UTEP. I think you missed a huge opportunity with their helmets. While I like the solid orange, If you had a stripe resemble a pick ax, it would look much better (starts at a point, grows thicker at the top, then tapers back to a point in the back). Maybe have it mostly navy with a white outline?

Keep up the fantastic work! This is one of the better threads I've seen in a while

I'll look into that for UTEP. And thanks for the compliment and continued feedback!

Time for some MACtion!!!

MAC East

Links: Akron | Bowling Green | Buffalo | Kent State | Miami (OH) | Ohio | UMass

Akron

- More of an emphasis on gold, with a gold pants option and gold striping on the blue jersey.

- Tapered helmet, jersey and pants stripes with notches at the ends, reflecting the Z logo and "Zips" wordmark.

- All blue alternate set (not to be mixed and matched) with no white and shiny gold.

vf9f5MT.png?1

Bowling Green

- Kept the tapered helmet stripe, but returned to the falcon logo and white facemask.

- Added tapered jersey and pants striping and returned to BGSU's custom number font.

- New brown jersey added to the rotation.

EmOrhTO.png?1

Buffalo

- Removed black, since it's not a school or athletic color.

- The number font matches the font of "New York" in their wordmark. (It's actually one of the NFL's proprietary fonts.)

- Added a double outline to the numbers and two-color Northwestern stripes to the pants to match the interlocking UB.

vnneCWN.png?1

Kent State

- The sleeves now feature the trail of the eagle? in their logo, always in gold.

- The numbers are now outlined on all jerseys.

- New yellow jersey and a yellow helmet.

1fpaU5j.png?1

Miami (OH)

- Bye bye bowling balls. Miami (OH) returns to a classic look to match their strong block M logo.

- Thick red and black striping on the helmet and pants.

- Custom block number font with serifs to match the logo.

tYWRMku.png?1

Ohio

- The biggest change here is the switch from Russell to Nike.

- Changed the green helmet from matte to glossy and added double stripes.

- Kept a black alternate, but it matches the home and away, with green/white/green striping and white numbers.

qvAAZYR.png?1

UMass

- Returned to the primarily red and white, double striped motif they sported for most of their existence (1978, 1998).

- The double stripes are two-toned to match the beveling in the logo (much like my Houston concept).

- Double outlined numbers to match the logo.

Ce4Mb3Q.png?1

Time for some MACtion!!!

MAC East

Links: Akron | Bowling Green | Buffalo | Kent State | Miami (OH) | Ohio | UMass

Akron

- More of an emphasis on gold, with a gold pants option and gold striping on the blue jersey.

- Tapered helmet, jersey and pants stripes with notches at the ends, reflecting the Z logo and "Zips" wordmark.

- All blue alternate set (not to be mixed and matched) with no white and shiny gold.

vf9f5MT.png?1

Bowling Green

- Kept the tapered helmet stripe, but returned to the falcon logo and white facemask.

- Added tapered jersey and pants striping and returned to BGSU's custom number font.

- New brown jersey added to the rotation.

EmOrhTO.png?1

Buffalo

- Removed black, since it's not a school or athletic color.

- The number font matches the font of "New York" in their wordmark. (It's actually one of the NFL's proprietary fonts.)

- Added a double outline to the numbers and two-color Northwestern stripes to the pants to match the interlocking UB.

vnneCWN.png?1

Kent State

- The sleeves now feature the trail of the eagle? in their logo, always in gold.

- The numbers are now outlined on all jerseys.

- New yellow jersey and a yellow helmet.

1fpaU5j.png?1

Miami (OH)

- Bye bye bowling balls. Miami (OH) returns to a classic look to match their strong block M logo.

- Thick red and black striping on the helmet and pants.

- Custom block number font with serifs to match the logo.

tYWRMku.png?1

Ohio

- The biggest change here is the switch from Russell to Nike.

- Changed the green helmet from matte to glossy and added double stripes.

- Kept a black alternate, but it matches the home and away, with green/white/green striping and white numbers.

qvAAZYR.png?1

UMass

- Returned to the primarily red and white, double striped motif they sported for most of their existence (1978, 1998).

- The double stripes are two-toned to match the beveling in the logo (much like my Houston concept).

- Double outlined numbers to match the logo.

Ce4Mb3Q.png?1

Once again, awesome work.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Sorry I'm a day late! Didn't have a chance to post last night. Now let's get some more commentary on the rest of the MAC!

MAC West

Links: Ball State | Central Michigan | Eastern Michigan | NIU | Toledo | Western Michigan

Ball State

- Took the three stripes from the top of the head of their cardinal logo and put them on the sleeves.

- Added an all black uniform with red numbers. There's a few pics from I think 2012 of a player in a black jersey just posing for a picture, but they I don't think they wore them on the field.

hFlQeSa.png?1

Central Michigan

- Added stripes to the sleeves resembling the speed lines in their logo.

- Added a drop shadow to the numbers to match the logo.

- Oversized logo (same size as the helmet logo) on the left hip.

PHP4vDP.png?1

Eastern Michigan

- NO MORE GREY. It's stupid and doesn't fit with the school's brand at all. I gave them a very simple green and white look.

- "Eastern" replaces "Eagles" on the front of the uniforms.

- The yellow helmet and pants would be worn on homecoming or other special occasions to honor the school's old colors of green and gold.

rDeAjrM.png?1

NIU

- Returned the interlocking NI to the helmet, which the team used from 1970-2000. I really like the husky logo, but it bugs me that there's no red in it.

- Added a custom number font to match the logo (it's actually just a slightly modified Brothers), complete with beveling. I think it looks really good.

- Added a pants stripe that matches the logos and numbers.

fRV8FXT.png?1

Toledo

- Two helmets: blue and white with an oversized rocket on each side.

- The jerseys feature a rocket-shaped blue yoke with yellow trim, with matching striping on the pants and socks.

- Got rid of the hideous name and NOB font they currently have and replaced it with Utah's old font, which matches the "Toledo" wordmark surprisingly well.

pUNIB7p.png?1

Western Michigan

- I think these are my favorite uniforms so far. They have such a beautiful, unique color scheme--brown, dark gold, and a dark caramel color--and for some reason they wear black and vegas gold.

- There's one helmet: dark gold with an oversized bronco logo on each side.

- The jerseys and pants feature a large striping pattern that is based off the coloring of the mane in the logo (the only part of the logo that features the dark caramel color).

- Created a custom number font based on the WMU logo and Broncos wordmark (which I didn't use anywhere because it's really awkwardly shaped).

VNR3pes.png?1

I've expressed my admiration for your work to you directly, but not in this thread. However, these are spectacular. The thought and execution to create concepts that fit into the brand of every school is remarkable. The detail on all three templates is phenomenal. This entire thread is incredible. Great job.

1425175351-U10338.png

I love the MAC (I live in Michigan) and I love what you did with the designs. But for some reason and maybe because I'm not use to seeing CMU with Sleeve stripes but for some odd reason they just look weird. But overall great work with the thread.

Tj4ZkPU.png

1zwchs3.jpg_zpshph8rzul.png

27xqdyc.jpg_zps7iobnqxz.png

Archived