Complete College Football Redesign (Sun Belt Pt. 2 11/20)

mbannon92

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone. On to the Big Twelve!

Links: Baylor | Iowa State | Kansas | Kansas State | Oklahoma

Baylor

- No more black or chrome.

- Helmet and pants stripes taper at the angle of the bear paw logo.

- Paws remain on the sleeves, but are moved down and sublimated, not colored in.

- New number font that complements wordmark.

at2c7RZ.png

Iowa State

- Cyclone logo replaces I-State on the helmet. I-State logo remains on the helmet.

- Jersey and pants striping match the basketball team, while maintaining the current two-stripe motif.

4t71HCj.png

Kansas

- ONE helmet: candy blue with the jayhawk KU logo and red stripe with white trim.

- Jayhawk logo removed from chest and moved to above the NOB.

- Pants stripe thinned out.

2Yv7Ay3.png

Kansas State

- Not much change -- they have a great, classy look.

- Serpentine number font added for consistency with other sports.

QKacOCk.png

Oklahoma

- The primary logo, not the vertically stretched one, is used on the helmet.

- No stupid wood grain alternates.

iJA7c86.png

My biggest issue with Iowa State and Kansas are that the logos blend too much with the helmet (Kansas already suffers from that), yet with those logos and color combinations, it's tough to keep that from happening without going to a white lid.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I'm a big Kansas fan, so I'll focus my feedback on them. As noted above, the body of the Jayhawk gets lost on the helmet. Personally I like their old KU helmets. I don't think the Jayhawk ever works very well on a helmet, but it could work on a white helmet. I do think a white helmet works best with their red jersey because the blue/red/white look just doesn't look as good as when their helmet matches their pants.

I think the uniforms other than the helmets are good, though. I think you do a good job with color balance.

award%20sig.png

My biggest issue with Iowa State and Kansas are that the logos blend too much with the helmet (Kansas already suffers from that), yet with those logos and color combinations, it's tough to keep that from happening without going to a white lid.

I agree. Although I've always loved that Iowa State logo. For Kansas I have always preferred these helmets, and think the use of the Trajan font is pretty tacky. A Truscan/Western style font has always fit well with them IMO.

Gonna go back through your last ones and post later cause these look pretty top notch. Keep it up!

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

OK, so now I'm back for the B1G Concepts as well as the Big XII.

B1G CONCEPTS

Maryland: That's about as tame of a Maryland set I've ever seen ;) Still pretty good

Michigan: pretty good all around. I personally would've went with blue as the extra pair of pants instead of white though.

Michigan State: Flawless, especially that alternate.

Ohio State: Ditto the Michigan State comment. I absolutely love their ProCombats even though they may now be associated with failure (loss in Orange Bowl, vs. Michigan St. (check me on that), & vs. Va. Tech)

Penn State: Boring, plain, nothing there... Just as Penn State should look :D

Rutgers: Nice package, but I much prefer their knight helmets. The scratch pattern on the bottom of the pants look like dirt IMHO. Maybe they'd look better in real life, but I'm just not seeing it here.

Illinois: No Complaints with the Illini. Nice look you've given them.

Iowa: THANK YOU for eliminating those Steelers knockoffs. It's always bugged me. Nice throwback too.

Minnesota: You're making this too easy. These are, once again, a spectacular package.

Nebraska: Do I have to say it?

Northwestern: The striping has always bothered me on the aways. I prefer it on the others uniforms because they don't clash with the white numbers. However, purble/black striping against purple numbers has bugged me. Unfortunately, there is no real way to fix it.

Purdue: Love the all-black set. No complaints with the rest.

Wisconsin: Love the incorporation of the drop shadow and the Bucky stripes into the sets. Really ties the school's entire identity package together.

----------------------------------------------------

BIG XII CONCEPTS - PART I

Baylor: I would've used a complete stripe on the helmets & pants, but I'm glad you kept the bear paws.

Iowa State: The others are correct that the logo gets lost on the helmet. Maybe make it like Mizzou's helmet? Red shell, yellow logo? Not sure how to explain it though... Besides hat, the uniforms themselves are flawless.

Kansas: Ugh... I hate Times News Roman - esque fonts in sports. Not your fault though. It's Kansas's fault. (UNPOPULAR OPINION) They badly need a rebrand.

Kansas State: See Nebraska, Michigan State, Ohio State, etc

Oklahoma: I actually liked the wood grain pattern they unveiled earlier this year. I would've liked to seen that sublimated onto the helmet and pants striping. I do like this package though,

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Thanks for all the good C&C everyone. I agree that the Iowa State logo gets lost in the helmet...I just love that logo so much. If they wore yellow helmets it would be perfect. I'll put the I-State logo back on the helmet and move the cyclone to the collar and put it up with Monday's posting.

Same on Kansas regarding the helmet logo. Here's three different options (including the original)...lemme know which one you think works best!

QajFeqL.png

My main concern is the font. If you plan on keeping the same one, go with the right one. However, if you were to use the Kansas font Conrad released a while back, I'd go with the middle. That font would improve their look tremendously.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

My main concern is the font. If you plan on keeping the same one, go with the right one. However, if you were to use the Kansas font Conrad released a while back, I'd go with the middle. That font would improve their look tremendously.

Completely agree. Have always hated the Trajan font. Between the three you posted I would pick the middle.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

UPDATES: Iowa State and Kansas helmets updated in OP.

Next up, the rest of the Big Twelve.

Links: Oklahoma State | Texas | TCU | Texas Tech | West Virginia

Oklahoma State

- Two helmets: classic white and satin black with the cowboy logo.

- Jersey and pants stripes replaced with black piping, similar to the basketball uniforms. The current striping remains, but is thickened slightly and extended to the ends of the sleeves and pants.

- Basketball team's number font and number coloring used.

- (Part of me thinks these are way too simple, while the other part thinks that the simplicity works because the colors really pop. So let me know what you think.)

yijzxwK.png

Texas

- My main priority was to create consistency among Texas' different teams.

- The baseball team's wordmark and the basketball team's number font are now used on the jerseys, and would be used across all sports. (I think the numbers work, as they're really similar to Texas' helmet numbers.)

- The double stripes from the sleeves are added to the pants.

v3qQuAu.png

TCU

- Red permanently added to the color scheme via thin, tapered stripes on the helmets, jerseys and pants.

- The frog by itself is used on the helmets, because it's an awesome logo IMO.

- The sublimated frog skin pattern returns to the helmets and numbers.

K7MNeEs.png

Texas Tech

- Not many changes here, as they have one of the best modern looks in CFB.

- Really the only change was modifying the striping in a couple places to make the look more consistent.

AK9ukDR.png

West Virginia

- No more black, and only one helmet (blue).

- The old number font returns, but non-italicized.

- Sleeve and pants striping have curved edges, reflecting the logo and numbers.

xIvKeb2.png

UPDATES: Iowa State and Kansas helmets updated in OP.

Next up, the rest of the Big Twelve.

Oklahoma State

- Two helmets: classic white and satin black with the cowboy logo.

- Jersey and pants stripes replaced with black piping, similar to the basketball uniforms.

- Basketball team's number font and number coloring used.

- (Part of me thinks these are way too simple, while the other part thinks that the simplicity works because the colors really pop. So let me know what you think.)

Vv7mz2v.png

Texas

- My main priority was to create consistency among Texas' different teams.

- The baseball team's wordmark and the basketball team's number font are now used on the jerseys, and would be used across all sports. (I think the numbers work, as they're really similar to Texas' helmet numbers.)

- The double stripes from the sleeves are added to the pants.

v3qQuAu.png

TCU

- Red permanently added to the color scheme via thin, tapered stripes on the helmets, jerseys and pants.

- The frog by itself is used on the helmets, because it's an awesome logo IMO.

- The sublimated frog skin pattern returns to the helmets and numbers.

K7MNeEs.png

Texas Tech

- Not many changes here, as they have one of the best modern looks in CFB.

- Really the only change was modifying the striping in a couple places to make the look more consistent.

AK9ukDR.png

West Virginia

- No more black, and only one helmet (blue).

- The old number font returns, but non-italicized.

- Sleeve and pants striping have curved edges, reflecting the logo and numbers.

xIvKeb2.png

The only thing I'd want from your TCU concept is to keep the different colored sleeve patches.

Other than that... AWESOME JOB. I'd like to see a little red used now and then. The Big XII looks great.

Nice thread.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Archived