Complete College Football Redesign (Sun Belt Pt. 2 11/20)

mbannon92

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The template used is awesome...all the concepts are well-done and "clean".

The Pac12 update was great. Small nitpicks here and there, but overall, excellent job on all of them.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The template used is awesome...all the concepts are well-done and "clean".

The Pac12 update was great. Small nitpicks here and there, but overall, excellent job on all of them.

It goes without saying that the concepts in this thread are really well done and the designer is clearly talented, and that the following is not just relevant to this thread, but I'd like to see shoes included as part of the template. After all, they are part of the uniform which each team wears during the game.

edit: amen to the guidelines listed and used!

California: Looks great. No complaints.

Oregon: The dark wings on the green jersey and pants looks almost as if they blend in with the green a bit too much. However, now that I think about it, yellow would b too much, so with that, I'll just say that the entire package looks great given the alternatives.

Oregon State: I too like they're current look, however I do enjoy your package you created. My only nitpicks are that you didn't bring back the candy orange helmet (personal opinion) and that the helmet stripes are incomplete. It seems unfinished. Everything else is top notch.

Stanford: Stanford has always reminded me of a rival high school in my area: Red and White team with a BFBS third. You definitely did the Cardinal justice with this package. Bravo.

Washington: The cuff stripe threw me off a bit, as i stared at it trying to figure out what the heck it was. After a while, I realized it was nothing major and didn't really think of it. Nice work on the white helmet and pants BTW. The one thing I would do is eliminate the purple pants all together.

WAZZU: Great scheme to work with. Great job with the package. No complaints.

Arizona: Nice work on the Wildcats. Once again, no complaints.

Arizona State: Beautiful. ASU is one of few teams that can pull off a giant helmet logo on both sides (Boise State comes to mind as well). Absolutely love the all-maroon set.

Colorado: Remove the black pants (maybe replace them with white?) and this package is golden.

UCLA: Only nitpick has to be the lack of striping on the gold pants. That's just my opinion though. I'm not a huge fan of stripe-less pants.

USC: Can't stand USC. They really need to update/modernize that Trojan logo. However, you did them justice. I could live with this.

Utah: Great work. No complaints again.

Can't wait to see the SEC! Will you be using Adidas or Nike for Tennessee (switching to Nike next season)

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Thanks for the comments, everyone! I'll think about the orange helmet for OSU.

Now up, the SEC East!

Links: Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Mizzou | South Carolina | Tennessee | Vanderbilt

Florida

- The outdated "Gators" script on the helmet is replaced with the school's F logo, for consistency with the other teams and brand.

- Number font from the basketball team used.

- Gator logo moved to collar and added to both sides of the pants.

- Striping consistency on orange jersey fixed.

M901A6r.png?1

Georgia

- Bulldog logo added to collar.

- B/W/R pants striping added to bottom of sleeves.

- Black jersey and pants added, for limited use.

JLke3xx.png?1

Kentucky

- No more black, and silver only used for trim.

- Wide helmet and pants stripes with 3 rows of sublimated checkers (to differentiate from Tennessee).

- Non-contrasting sleeves with sublimated checkers.

YU1Fofu.png?1

Mizzou

- One helmet: glossy black with the oversized tiger silhouette on each side in gold.

- Tapered stripes on jersey and pants with sublimated tiger stripes, similar to their current gold jersey.

- Tapered stripe on the collar, bringing some customization to the toilet seat!

nRSbj53.png?1

South Carolina

- Double stripes remain on the sleeves and pants, with the sleeve stripes fit into the new template.

- New helmet stripe -- B/R/W/R/B -- to match the sleeve and pants stripes.

- Alternate black helmet is based off the state flag, with a palmetto tree on each side and a crescent moon on the front.

8UJGc0P.png?1

Tennessee

- Thin helmet and pants stripes with 2 rows of sublimated checkers (to differentiate from Kentucky).

- "Tennessee" wordmark on the front of the home and road jerseys, with "Volunteers" on the alt.

- Smokey gray alt sticks around, but all white is removed from the jersey and pants (other than the SEC logo).

T9oFiFO.png?1

Vanderbilt

- Two helmets: gold with braisher stripes and solid black, both satin finish.

- Jerseys feature black sleeves with four stripes and a star on top (hard to see on the template), based on a US Navy Commodore's sleeves.

- Braisher stripes added to the gold and white pants to match the gold helmet.

xxbmtgv.png?1

I like a lot of what you've done here that it's hard to find anything I can critique without reaching. What I think you could do from here is simply apply these designs to some action templates so that we really see them come to life.

Midway.png

I like almost all of what you did. Good job. I'm not a big fan of the South Carolina alternate helmet. It's a good idea, but the giant crescent moon on the front doesn't work for me. I would suggest you shrink the moon down and put it on both sides of the helmet (to the left of the palmetto). But if you do that, you might need to shrink the entire logo some.

[EDIT: This logo is what I had in mind for South Carolina.]

Also, I found it interesting that the Florida logo looks so odd facing right. I think I would look better if Florida's pants would only have one logo like Georgia, etc. or remove them completely.

award%20sig.png

Florida: Good edit of a good look. Don't miss the word mark on the helmet at all

UGA: Great look with a great color scheme. I've always hated their helmet stripe though. I feel it should be a black and white traditional 3-stripe look.

UK: Fantastic look. I like the white helmet much more than the blue with both looks. Something about the white on blue that muddies the UK logo.

Mizzou: I don't see the necessity for the white pants at all, but I think you did a good job focusing one of my favorite cutting edge looks.

SC: I've always thought their look was just off by a little, and you've done a lot to add consistency to it. I think a beefier sleeve stripe would help a lot. Really like the helmet changes you made.

Tennessee: Nothing against your design per se, but I think the gray look is just gray for gray's sake.

Vandy: Love love love love love the home and away set. Alternate doesn't do as much for me.

Look forward to the SEC West. As an Aggie fan I hope you make some changes to their current look.

Thanks for all the kind words! I tried changing the palmetto tree and moon on South Carolina's black helmet, but it just wasn't working. I replaced it with a black version of the regular helmet. I also updated Vandy with captain's patches (noticed they had them this weekend).

Now, the (dominant) SEC West.

Links: Alabama | Arkansas | Auburn | LSU | Mississippi | Mississippi State | Texas A&M

Alabama

- Created consistency between the helmet and jersey numbers, going with the old school classic block (straight top serif on 1, slanted middle of 2), which is a compromise between the two current fonts.

- Single pants stripe to match helmet.

6xIOeDM.png?1

Arkansas

- Their new unis are a great modern look that don't need many changes.

- Used the versions of the logo with black on both helmets.

- Changed up the jersey and pants striping, removing the tusks/stadium overhangs/wheel spokes and using a new pants stripe.

- Got rid of the contrasting cuffs.

os9lZom.png?1

Auburn

- Fixed the pants stripes to match the helmet and not be cut off at the bottom.

GH9L8YJ.png?1

LSU

- Used the updated font on the helmet.

- Got rid of the super long shoulder loops. I really don't think it's a good solution. The Elite 51 template allows for perfectly fine loops.

- Added the new tiger head logo to the collar.

- Fixed the pants stripes to match the helmet.

tm21eoS.png?1

Mississippi

- Replaced the script logo on the helmet with the school's block M. I've never liked the way that script looked on a helmet--it's an ugly script to begin with, and it's just too tall and awkwardly shaped.

- As with LSU, used normal sized shoulder loops.

- The home and road sets use red double stripes on the jersey and pants, while the red alt uses blue double stripes on the jersey and pants. The different elements are NOT interchangeable.

7Kk7m2E.png?1

Mississippi State

- One of the few good adidas looks.

- New custom number font to match wordmark.

- Bulldog logo added to each side of pants.

- Egg Bowl alternate uniform is white and gold with maroon accents, with an oversized bulldog logo on a gold helmet.

FcKMuR0.png?1

Texas A&M

- The other good adidas look :upside:

- Contrasting collar removed and double stripes added to both sets of pants.

- Alternate uniform is all grey and maroon with the Texas outline logo on the helmet.

L3JnXdO.png?1

Archived