European Soccer into NFL Football - Closing the English PL (Sunderland, Southampton, Stoke, Hull, West Ham)

Naoned Pride

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since you want to hew to the conventions of American gridiron, traditionally, the home jersey is coloured and the away jersey is white.

Philsphan told me this a couple posts above.

"Yeah I just read about the white jerseys. I think it's a shame, away kits are important considering the amount of time you have to wear them, they have to fit your clubs' cuture even though this is not the primary colours (how many fans a year complain when they see a horrible blue Madrid jersey...).

I won't follow that rule. Not only because this is only an NFL-rule but also because I'll base my creations from the existing clubs, so I'm not gonna chose white when the club's obviously going for a green secondary colour."

I'm going to correct myself though because I've just done a little bit of research and this rule does aply in european gridiron. But I believe this is because most teams and leagues are inspired by the NFL.

I wanna be a little bit creative on this one, so let's just imagine that rule doesn't aply in my fantasy Europe ^^

Damn where did you find that template

You made me realize I didn't even give credits for them. I took them both on deviantart.

Kit template by TimeOBrien: http://timeobrien.deviantart.com/art/Pro-Combat-Football-Template-263389834

Helmet template by davidson: http://rezland.deviantart.com/gallery/

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

I've chosen to go with that beautiful template of davidson's for the next additions (two teams from Spain or France). This one is just perfect: http://rezland.deviantart.com/art/Revoltion-Speed-3-Shot-Template-348648832

But I have a question concerning helmets, do logos appear on both sides ? I mean, for my Manchester Red Devils one, I've put a classic look on it with the logo on the right side of the helmet, but does it mean that it should appear on the left side too, symmetrically ?

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

I've chosen to go with that beautiful template of davidson's for the next additions (two teams from Spain or France). This one is just perfect: http://rezland.deviantart.com/art/Revoltion-Speed-3-Shot-Template-348648832

But I have a question concerning helmets, do logos appear on both sides ? I mean, for my Manchester Red Devils one, I've put a classic look on it with the logo on the right side of the helmet, but does it mean that it should appear on the left side too, symmetrically ?

Some teams dont have their logo on the helmet at all, some teams have a number on one side, and sometimes the logo on the other, and some teams have the logo on both sides

u3J7jjd.png

My two new additions are Spanish rivals FC Barcelona & Real Madrid.

For Barcelona, I've decided to go with the name Catalans de Barcelona (in catalan ; "Catalanes" in spanish) because the club is not only Catalonia's biggest world wide trademark, but also because the club's history is linked to Catalan partiotism and separatist movement. I've based my work off the original crest of the football club.

1409526339-catalans-de-barcelona-helmet.

1409526326-catalans-de-barcelona-intro.p

Next is the most succesfull soccer team in the entire world, and this is why I did not want to change its name one bit. Real Madrid is already a huge franchise and brand. Don't fix what ain't broken, as we say.

I've had the idea at the very beginning to place the crown in the logo on the helmet so as you'd put it on just like a royal crown. But trust me, you don't wanna see how it turns out. Didn't turn out as good as the idea sounded. With that in mind, I've decided to go with a bland helmet, with the player's number on it (here 7, for Cristiano Ronaldo, you might have heard of him), and same thing for the home jersey. I feel el Real is such an iconic club the plain white home jersey wouldn't hurt its legacy but thus make it even more unique.

1409526331-real-madrid-helmet-intro.png

1409526481-real-madrid.png

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

I shared my work to another forum in which I've been registered for a very long time, and they all agreed, just like some of you, that the Eagle I used for MCFC didn't really fit. I decided to go according to the critics and work from the very existing eagle. I think this look much more like an NFL logo. Tell me what you think (in addition to El Clasico just up there).

1409579328-manchester-golden-eagles-helm

If I followed 1clkgtramg's advice well, the eagle head is meant to face the front mask. So don't be surprised because the original eagle faces left.

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

Moving to Germany, with Borussia Dortmund !

Now, it litterally means Prussia Dortmund, so I thought I'd keep it as a franchise name. With that being said, the acronym BvB on the original logo were replaced by BD, since BvB implied the game was Soccer.

1409685842-borussia-dortmund-intro.png

1409685838-borussia-dortmund-kits.png

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

Pretty good, they still feel a little bit Template-y. I'd like to see more use of striping. Man U's white/black arm stripes would have transferred nicely to a football jersey for example. Man City is pretty much perfect now though.

I think these would look better with their regular logos. You didn't even change Real's name, so there was hardly a reason to swap out their classic emblem in favor of a wordmark with a crown on top.

Well, you can see there's a huge difference in style concerning football and soccer logos. That's what I want to point out by changing most of them.

When a name change is done, it's hard to keep the original logo (ManCity FC for Manchester Golden Eagles needed to put the eagle on the foreground). Real Madrid could have been done, of course, but I wanted to play on the crown more than the rest of the crest. Because I have to keep in mind that these are now franchises, not clubs anymore.

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

Moving to France, with the biggest rivalry of the country: Paris and Marseille.

For Paris, I went with the famous heraldic known as the fleur de lys, and named them the Saints to pair with it. The helmet and kits feature a stylized eiffel tower from the back of the helmet to the front and on the ribs.

Saints de Paris (Paris Saints)

1410189761-saints-paris-helmet-intro.png

1410189749-saints-paris-intro.png

For Marseille, I've decided to stick with their name of Olympique de Marseille (Marseille Olympic), as it is the most popular sport team in France and thus is a huge brand of its own.

Olympique de Marseille (Marseille Olympic)

1410189761-olympique-de-marseille-helmet

1410189737-olympique-de-marseille-intro.

Next move... Italy !

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

Moving to la Italia with the hottest derby out there: The Milan Derby. One city, one stadium for two monuments of italian football !

For Milan AC, I went with their nicknames "The Devils" and a devil figure that's became famous among supporters of the red and black.

Diavolo Milano (Milan Devils)

1410464433-diavolo-helmet-intro.png

1410464415-diavolo-milano-intro.png

For their fierciest rivals, I decided to stick with Internazionale Milano, and simply took the "IM" wordmark out of their current logo. Sometimes, the simpler the better. On the home kit, I went with the viper that they used a couple years ago on their jersey.

Internazionale Milano (International Milan)

1410464426-internazionale-milano-helmet-

1410464412-inter-milan-intro.png

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

Archived