Georgia Tech Football and Basketball Concepts

__taylorc

Alrighty I made these a few weeks ago and totally forgot about them, i tweaked them a little bit before posting but I like what I did with them, I may make this a continuing thing with other schools that are branded by Russell because I am not a big fan of there's. And I will be using other brands like Under Armour and Adidas if I do but for now its just for Georgia Tech.

*Football

Home

GT-Home-with-Stripes_zps712e772b.jpg

Away

GT-Away-2_zpse173321d.jpg

Alternate

GT_zps21503376.jpg

Now for these uniforms I wanted them to be bold but not crazy, I love the Mustard Yellow shoulders and sleeves. And for the pants stripes I wanted them to be alittle simple, so i went to the mid 2000's Washington Redskins stripes, and for the sleeves I absolutely had to take advantage of the names "Yellow Jackets" and I had to put honeycomb on the sleeves.

*Basketball

Home

Home_zpsbdae4d60.jpg

Away

Away_zpsba3d9d36.jpg

Alternate Home

Alternate_zpsc55b70cd.jpg

Alternate Away (I had to does these, and yeah they look like the ones West Virginia wears but)

Alternate-2_zps29cbb380.jpgNow bare with me these were my first time messing with basketball template but I love what I did here, I was going with a simple look mainly because Nike Basketball aren't actually "too" flashy, but like I said with the Football uniforms I had to take advantage of the honeycomb so I actually put it in the mesh and it looks really nice to me.

Now I wanted to make a Baseball concept but I couldnt find a good baseball template to use :| , but bare with me I'll try to either find one or just make one because I really want to make some baseball concepts. But give me feedback Id love to see what everyone thinks.

Tj4ZkPU.png

1zwchs3.jpg_zpshph8rzul.png

27xqdyc.jpg_zps7iobnqxz.png

For the football jerseys I'm going to be honest. I don't like them. Mostly the home and alternate. Those two (and away) are just all fill bucket looks. Just having the shoulders filled in as a different color on the template I don't think looks appealing at all. Adding the honeycomb undershirt is okay but doesn't really add anything to the uniform.

It honestly just looks very plain and empty, and with that much gold it just seems too bright.

As for Basketball. It's decent. Color balance on those are much better.

It's really the football jerseys I don't like. Obviously that's just my opinion so before making further changes I'd say listen to other comments.

The football uniforms aren't very good (just filled in panels, etc.) but I really like those basketball uniforms. The colors work much better on those than on the football uniform, and with the unique situation of school name and nickname both being two words you can stack them on both sides of the number which I think always looks sharp. Great job on basketball, back to the drawing board on football.

spacer.png

Gotta agree with the above comments. Feels a little too paint-bucket like for my tastes. Maybd try a sublimated honeycomb pattern on the shoulders or gradients on the numbers to make it look less plain. Sleeve stripes wouldn't be bad either. Less is more, but nothing at all isn't a anything. Basketball is good though and I like the templates. Keep it up, tweak the football uni's a little and you'll get there!

Hoot Hoot

Dude those football concepts are awful.

The basketball ones look nice except for the black ones. Black is nowhere in GT's color scheme.

Actually, black and navy are both in the color scheme. The bug is gold and black. http://www.ssur.org/research/CollegeColorsNicknames/FourYear/G/popup.htm?http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad347/ColorWerx/College/FYR/FYR-G/Colors/Solid/GeorgiaInstituteOfTechnology_OFF_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

2491.gif

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived