Indiana Pacers Logo Concept

Funkatron101

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this is gonna sound stupid, but one detail I would add to this: A basketball on the dile of the spedometer.

I purposely did not do this. Basketballs in every NBA logo is really overkill, IMO. For my Rockets logo, it added a dynamic element to the design. For this, it would just be shoehorning another ball into a logo.

With that said, I won't deny that I almost did it. I knew it would be one of the first things mentioned.

I know this is gonna sound stupid, but one detail I would add to this: A basketball on the dile of the spedometer.

I purposely did not do this. Basketballs in every NBA logo is really overkill, IMO. For my Rockets logo, it added a dynamic element to the design. For this, it would just be shoehorning another ball into a logo.

With that said, I won't deny that I almost did it. I knew it would be one of the first things mentioned.

I agree. If it's almost an obvious thing I would always decide to go against it. Sure if it fits perfectly and it can add something to the design and pull it together then I think you can make it look good without being forced but seeing a basketball somewhere peaking out is always an overkill for me. In hockey and football there isn't a puck or stick, or football peaking out or involved. I always wondered why basketball teams seemed to always have a basketball incorporated, rather than just having a logo of their team name and that's it.

To be fair and honest though, I like the logo a bunch. Fits nicely into the idea of what the Pacers should represent. I just figured "Since it is the NBA and we have basketballs in every primary hardee-harhar" that you wouldn't mind the suggestion. I agree entirely with Wonka and you here.

:wub:(dance):boogie:(bow):jawdrop::censored:(sleepz):puke::woot::sleeping::hockeysmiley::therock::oops:

I think I like smilies too much!

I really like this, but as an Indy fan, I would be sad to see the P as a secondary. I would definitely be on board for this one being a secondary, its great and to the point.

It may seem a bit silly, but there is a hidden meaning in the logo as well. The needle and 4 arcing lines represent the team pushing past the defenders (The 5 white lines). I was going to make 5 grey lines, but it seemed a little crowded. With that said, I think I am going to thicken them up a bit.

love how u modernize pacers logo on this concept think it needs little more work

Sentence structure and possible suggestions on how it could be better would be helpful.

Like it much better with the basketball. My opinion on the overuse of baseballs, basketballs or hockey sticks: When it doesn't look forced, it's pretty okay to use them. And in your case, the lines of a basketball are definitely enhancing an already good logo.

I would also work on the left side of the gray outline of the logo. I think that outline should be one straight line until the curve begins that surrounds the speedometer. But here I can clearly see where the line ends and the curve starts because the angles differ.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Giving in to peer pressure...

pacers-2_zps11745e9a.jpg

Interesting factoid. 21 of the 30 NBA teams feature a basketball in the logo.

Only 4 out of 32 NFL teams feature a football in their logo.

I really like the updated logo. I think the ball in this instance is extremely subtle, which most of the NBA logos don't do well. The problem with most NBA logos is that they just shove a ball in there without any sort of design element to them (I mean, the Pistons, Lakers, and Clippers logos are literally just basketballs). This one reminds me more of Charlotte's use of a basketball, in that it is extremely subtle.

Also, who are the 4 teams in the NFL who have a football in their logo? I only counted 2 (Jets and Bucs).

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Giving in to peer pressure...

pacers-2_zps11745e9a.jpg

Interesting factoid. 21 of the 30 NBA teams feature a basketball in the logo.

Only 4 out of 32 NFL teams feature a football in their logo.

I really like the updated logo. I think the ball in this instance is extremely subtle, which most of the NBA logos don't do well. The problem with most NBA logos is that they just shove a ball in there without any sort of design element to them (I mean, the Pistons, Lakers, and Clippers logos are literally just basketballs). This one reminds me more of Charlotte's use of a basketball, in that it is extremely subtle.

Also, who are the 4 teams in the NFL who have a football in their logo? I only counted 2 (Jets and Bucs).

You're right! I think I mixed it up with the NHL and hockey sticks? (Islanders, Penguins, Sharks, and Capitals)

I would also work on the left side of the gray outline of the logo. I think that outline should be one straight line until the curve begins that surrounds the speedometer. But here I can clearly see where the line ends and the curve starts because the angles differ.

You have a keen eye. I've been messing with that since I the beginning. Such a small tweak has proven to be harder than expected.

Archived