Funkatron101's NBA (Grizzlies logo revision, Page 4)

Funkatron101

I've realized I've done a small number of NBA logos over the past year or so. I think it might be better served if I house them all under one thread and post any updates within here instead.

This is what I have so far:

NBA-logos_zps530fe808.jpg
I've lost the native file on the Knicks logo, so the edges are a bit rough. I may go back and revisit it later. I won't redo the whole league, but I may use some secondary logos in place of the current primary (Jazz, Wolves) with some tweaking.

Nets concept thread

Knicks concept thread

Rockets concept thread

Pacers concept thread

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lakers....with a lake!

Lakers1_zps789eb771.jpg

Hmmmm..interesting. I'm not sure if it's an upgrade or a downgrade. I feel it's very neutral in a good way. It's just such an iconic logo it's hard for me to imagine something else but like I said it's not a downgrade IMO but also not an upgrade. However, their logo was always at the top of my list so that's a good thing.

I think the pacers would look better if the s in pacers was the same size as the p

I have to completely disagree. Because then he has to use capital letters for the word "PACERS". Simply because it doesn't look good at all when a word starts and ends with a capital letter but all the other letters in between are lower case.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

I think the pacers would look better if the s in pacers was the same size as the p

I have to completely disagree on that. Because then he has to use capital letters for the word "PACERS". Simply because it doesn't look good at all when a word starts and ends with a capital letter but all the other letters in between are lower case.

Well I see what he's saying. Look at Memphis, Knicks, Kings, Timberwolves, Bucks, New Orleans, and Raptors I think that's the look he's talking about where the first and last letters are bigger than the rest. However, in this situation I don't think it would look to well. If the logo was facing straight and the letters were perfectly centered then maybe, but the way it has a small angle I don't think it would look too right.

I have to completely disagree on that. Because then he has to use capital letters for the word "PACERS". Simply because it doesn't look good at all when a word starts and ends with a capital letter but all the other letters in between are lower case.

Well I see what he's saying. Look at Memphis, Knicks, Kings, Timberwolves, Bucks, New Orleans, and Raptors I think that's the look he's talking about where the first and last letters are bigger than the rest. However, in this situation I don't think it would look to well. If the logo was facing straight and the letters were perfectly centered then maybe, but the way it has a small angle I don't think it would look too right.

But the use of these initials (not just the first, but also the last letter) only looks good when using capitals for the entire word. It would look totally awkward having two initial letters and the rest in between is written in lower case letters. Just mentioned that again because I think he should not do that, simply because it's something refreshingly new and unique. And the font being used looks great in lower case.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Really like your clean ups, excited to see more.

I like the Lakers, it has a vintage look to it and doensnt take away from a distance. Not sure how to make the seagulls and waves more prominent while still keeping the original look so maybe this would be a good secondary of tertiary. Use it for something either way

Timberwolves: Embracing the green

A few years ago, the Timberwolves (my team) ditched green from their uniforms and most of their marketing materials. One of my biggest pet-peeves with the NBA, and sports marketing in general, is how dominant the color blue is. I would love to see that change.

First things first. I LOVE the Wolves secondary logo. There really isn't a whole lot that needs to be changed. Therefore this is just a small revision and promotion as the Wolves primary logo.
timberwolves_zpse594536a.jpg

Also here is a uniform I recolored a while ago to go with the idea:
green-front.jpggreen-back.jpg

Recoloring the basketball green makes no sense because the basketball is actually suppose to be the night sky over the trees and needs to be navy, you should make the trees green instead.

There is no reason to be so literal, unless you believe that real bucks are green, hornets are teal, and grizzly bears are blue.

Doesn't change that its a downgrade of a recolor.

Don't say it like it was a fact (it's not)... IMO, this looks more vibrant and more appealing than the original

@Funkatron101 - I like like your logo updates because they're subtle and clean! I would like to see your vision of bulls logo asap :)

CgWPTYS.jpgaPH2PVF.jpg

Doesn't change that its a downgrade of a recolor.

Don't say it like it was a fact (it's not)... IMO, this looks more vibrant and more appealing than the original

@Funkatron101 - I like like your logo updates because they're subtle and clean! I would like to see your vision of bulls logo asap :)

Now that will be an interesting challenge.

Archived