Navy Logo Concept

aeargle

I just don't see it as one they'd use on actual uniforms.

I do... Maybe it would look nice running down the shoulders, maybe inside a "thin yoke" or a stripe, with insignias for Freshmen, sophomore, etc on the right side of the chest ( Using UA's system ) .....

PS : Football uniforms, of course...

( Can I use this logo in a concept, Aeargle ? )

KbC0Lt6.png

its beautifully done and clearly reads as NAVY. i dont see any problem with it being "too vertical", it just depends on where it is intended to live. the anchor doesnt jump out right away but i see its there. id like to hear more about the concept though, are you using the shape of a battle ship for the A and V? why did you choose to do it this way?

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

it would go get in the shoulders and have a cool and extremely unique look [...]

[...] On the side of the pants and/or shoulder would be a good fit.

Here it is... Thank you aeargle, for letting me use your logo/secondary logo/vertical wordmark/etc.

fCVKroC.png?h=500

Insignia meanings :

One diagonal : Freshman

Two diagonals : Sophomore

One horizontal : Junior

Two parallel : Senior

Players with stars on their badges would be the captains....

KbC0Lt6.png

its beautifully done and clearly reads as NAVY. i dont see any problem with it being "too vertical", it just depends on where it is intended to live. the anchor doesnt jump out right away but i see its there. id like to hear more about the concept though, are you using the shape of a battle ship for the A and V? why did you choose to do it this way?

Similar to what I said before, I do think the N with the * is a bit boring.

As far as the concept, after viewing your Midshipmen logo (seen here) - I felt that the anchor needed to be more prominent in their branding, as it's a major symbol for the Navy and included in the Marine logo. I was sketching out an anchor one day and saw the A & V creating it. I tend to have an eye for that type stuff, it's the execution that throws me off. (Another example of this - seeing that an eagle could create an 'S' in negative space before actually drawing it out)

After seeing some of the feedback, I think i'm going to rework it a little and post the product here soon.

it would go get in the shoulders and have a cool and extremely unique look [...]

[...] On the side of the pants and/or shoulder would be a good fit.

Here it is... Thank you aeargle, for letting me use your logo/secondary logo/vertical wordmark/etc.

fCVKroC.png?h=500

Insignia meanings :

One diagonal : Freshman

Two diagonals : Sophomore

One horizontal : Junior

Two parallel : Senior

Players with stars on their badges would be the captains....

I like it. Very simple, very strong, very Navy.

This is gorgeous and I'd love to see where you continue to go with it.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Archived