Could use a little help with fantasy baseball yearbook layout/ideas

RoughRiders99

Some of you may have already seen the yearbook that NCFA by Doug H (is that his name?) released a few weeks ago about his fantasy college football league. It's so freakin' awesome and I love reading through it!

But in the meantime, I've been working on my own yearbook for my baseball league for the past few months or so and it's making good process! However, I may have discovered a grave mistake.

mvbLIFr.jpg

In the "FINAL ROSTER" section in the lower right area, it doesn't look like there will be enough room to fit 25 names in the box. Well, I could, but it'd be too hard to read as the names would be too small to read. So because of that I plan on putting the rosters on a separate page.

Now what I'm asking you: With the rosters off that page, what other things do you think I could fit in that box?

Thanks!

P.S. Most of the content itself in the other boxes are just placeholders, so don't worry about them too much, especially int he "Field of Dreams" speech box and the schedule results (season's not over yet! lol).

i have a better idea. remove the logo from above the box and stretch that box to the top of the page. the logo above it is repetitive and unnecessary anyway since you already use it on the left side.

This would be my advice, as well. Definitely a nice start -- thanks for the shoutout!

• 2 months later...

Hello folks.

Just bumping up this old thing because I don't want to make a new thread. The layout that I've posted has remained largely unchanged, except for the FINAL ROSTER box. I've changed it to KEY PLAYERS and listed the team's top 10 players from the season.

However... I realized that I simply just don't have the time write out a full article (In that "Field of Dreams" box) for all 20 teams in my fantasy league. So I was wondering, what else could I put in that section? What type of things would fit in that box? How else could I "fill" it in?

Thanks!

You might start a team trophy case in that empty space. Click here to see some possibilities for trophy graphics. My League is the Mudville Major Leaguers and I use a graphic trophy instead of spending money on actual trophies. List the different categories of trophies that your league awards in the blank area and put a trophy icon with the trophy name and link it to a page that shows the player that won the trophy and the year it was won. Just a thought. You can try it and if it doesn't work then you can always go a different route.

Archived