THE NHL - Baseball Style ( Colorado added 21/9)

Christian Legault

I wanted to try a new sport for concepts, but the only sport I intensely follow is hockey. So I'm going to try a series.
Please note I've never made a baseball concept in my life, so if there are things i should know, please tell me. (I'm not going to include a grey uniform for every team, mainly because i don't think they will work for certain teams)

Here is anaheim.

ChristianLegault-ANA_zps69192931.png

Here is Arizona

ChristianLegault-ARZ_zpsb6b63b9f.png

sig_zpsbkzghgfz.png

Twitter: @lestoplegault - Email: Christiantlegault@gmail.com Blog: http://legaultdesigns.blogspot.ca/

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make your numbers the same style

On the ducks the whites have a drop shadow and the orange one doesn't

And for Phoenix the reds have a single outline, and the whites have a double

Also you need a grey away uniform for both

Also in baseball normally the patches are on the left sleeve

Make your numbers the same style

On the ducks the whites have a drop shadow and the orange one doesn't

And for Phoenix the reds have a single outline, and the whites have a double

Also you need a grey away uniform for both

You didn't read , I'm not doing grey uniforms.

sig_zpsbkzghgfz.png

Twitter: @lestoplegault - Email: Christiantlegault@gmail.com Blog: http://legaultdesigns.blogspot.ca/

It's a concept league. In this concept league, I suppose the the coloured jersey is home/away, light jersey for the other...

Anyways, I will echo the number statement for the Ducks. The Yotes, I'm kinda impartial. Also, I realise this is a small sample of what you're gonna do, but pants stripes can go all the way up the pants and I'd like to see that in some of these. Great start!

Well its kind of an important part of baseball to know which team is home any away

Just like in hockey, the dark unis will be home, and the whites will be away......

I've never understood why baseball uses grey variations to differentiate between Home and Away. Grey against white hardly provides a lot of contrast. Much prefer what you are doing Christian.

The concepts look fantastic so far! Can't wait to see what you do for Dallas :)

Well its kind of an important part of baseball to know which team is home any away

Just like in hockey, the dark unis will be home, and the whites will be away......

I've never understood why baseball uses grey variations to differentiate between Home and Away. Grey against white hardly provides a lot of contrast. Much prefer what you are doing Christian.

The concepts look fantastic so far! Can't wait to see what you do for Dallas :)

Agree. And grey isn't an exciting color. I'll probably limit grey to carolina, and the la kings.

For Dallas, I'm not sure what to use, the old Dallas script or the new star logo in the corner of the chest

sig_zpsbkzghgfz.png

These are quite sharp. I am looking forward to seeing what you do with the rest of the league. Do you have plans to do a throwback type uniform for teams that have a history of various looks?

Thanks! Yeah I might include various 3rd jerseys for some teams, if it be throwbacks or just regular 3rds. I almost did a purple for Anaheim with there old script but didn't. Anyways working on Boston.

sig_zpsbkzghgfz.png

I've never understood why baseball uses grey variations to differentiate between Home and Away. Grey against white hardly provides a lot of contrast.

I think it had something to do with grey hiding dirt better. It was harder for teams way back then to clean their uniforms on the road so they wore grey instead of white.

Thank You roadrunner.

I skipped boston, just because I'm having template trouble when i make the jerseys black. (can't see stitching)

In the mean time, here is Buffalo. I kept this one pretty traditional, il try and get my creativity on with calgary.

ChristianLegault-BUF_zps7967494a.png

sig_zpsbkzghgfz.png

Great work, Christian. I also think that having a colored jersey instead of grey is the way to go. It's probably the only thing I don't understand about baseball. Anyway if you decide to do Boston, they had a script logo from the 1920s. It's in rough shape and unfortunately, it's the only version I could find.

Bruins09.png

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

I've never understood why baseball uses grey variations to differentiate between Home and Away. Grey against white hardly provides a lot of contrast.

I think it had something to do with grey hiding dirt better. It was harder for teams way back then to clean their uniforms on the road so they wore grey instead of white.

You're right. During long roadtrips, the grey jerseys would somewhat 'hide' the accumulated dirt. When they got home they would wash them. I'm sure they smelled awful.

Archived