MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

Yeah the Red Sox always looked better with blue undershirts, but they switched in 2003 and have 3 world series wins since. They had 0 in the million years they wore blue undershirts so there's probably some silly superstitiousness going on with them.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even so. Those prominently feature red, and there was no issue with blue undersleeves.

Trust me, I agree with you. The Red Sox looked much better before the switch to red undershirts and jackets.

You didn't see Sam Malone wearing a red jacket!!!!

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Cardinals, yes. They're a red team first and foremost.

Red Sox, not so much. I preferred the blue undershirts and jackets.

While the Cardinals are a red team, at least at home. The did look better when they wore navy caps on the road full time. Even though they still wear navy vs other red teams, such as the Reds, Nats, and Phils.

By the way, does anybody know if the Mets will be wearing their pinstripe pants with their blue jerseys, since they will stop wearing their snow white jersey?

While the Cardinals are a red team, at least at home. The did look better when they wore navy caps on the road full time. Even though they still wear navy vs other red teams, such as the Reds, Nats, and Phils.

By the way, does anybody know if the Mets will be wearing their pinstripe pants with their blue jerseys, since they will stop wearing their snow white jersey?

The snow whites are going? I've always been a staunch supporter of the pinstripes being the primary, but doggone if the snow whites aren't things of beauties. Some teams can't find a good jersey and the Mets managed to have two amazing home whites.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The snow whites are going? I've always been a staunch supporter of the pinstripes being the primary, but doggone if the snow whites aren't things of beauties. Some teams can't find a good jersey and the Mets managed to have two amazing home whites.

The pinstriped uniforms are also changing from cream to regular white.

NY-Mets-New-Uniform-2015.jpg

The pinstriped uniforms are also changing from cream to regular white.

NY-Mets-New-Uniform-2015.jpg

I'd seen that, and was ecstatic. Now THAT is some change I can get behind. It'll be good to see them back in white. If the snow whites are gone, I couldn't see ANY reason whatsoever for the home alts to not use the pinstripe pants. It'll be nice to see the classic look on the team fullish time.

Back on the topic of socks and shirts, perhaps navy over red clashes less than red over navy. I admit that in most cases I feel socks and shirts should match the main material of the cap (which contrary to some opinions on here is what I feel is the REAL testament of what is a team's primary color, the logo being the secondary color).

Jeez, I emphasized a lot in this post. It's starting to look like a Chrischan tirade.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Is that the first ChrisChan reference on this board? Whoa.

The Red Sox look better with solid red socks, but should have kept the navy blue undershirts and jackets. It is indeed a better color balance. As for the Indians, I dunno, all that red never really worked for them. I've never known what the right application of red and navy is for them.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I really liked the Mets' snow whites. They were nice jerseys. I saw the reasoning that they should lose the pinstripes since the Yankees have owned them. However, the Mets won two championships in pinstripes, so they should stay. Although I'm sad to see the plain whites go, it was necessary. I'm glad they returned the pinstripes to white jerseys from cream.

As for the Indians, I never thought it was too much red at home. Maybe it was because the navy stripe on the pants balanced it a little bit. Also, I LOVED how it looked when they wore the navy jerseys at home (which they did very rarely, despite wearing them for 90% of road games).

large_jim-thome.jpglofton_steal.jpg

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I despise the navy hat on the road for the Cardinals, it's not contrasting, it just an incredibly out of place navy hat on a uniform set that's predominately navy literally every where else. The only way a navy hat could look good for the Cardinals is which navy undershirts and socks as well, but St. Louis should not wear that much navy so I feel the navy hat (either one) has any reason to exist.

I really liked the Mets' snow whites. They were nice jerseys. I saw the reasoning that they should lose the pinstripes since the Yankees have owned them. However, the Mets won two championships in pinstripes, so they should stay. Although I'm sad to see the plain whites go, it was necessary. I'm glad they returned the pinstripes to white jerseys from cream.

As for the Indians, I never thought it was too much red at home. Maybe it was because the navy stripe on the pants balanced it a little bit. Also, I LOVED how it looked when they wore the navy jerseys at home (which they did very rarely, despite wearing them for 90% of road games).

That's the best the Indians have looked in their history. It all went downhill when they added silver to the wordmark.

I despise the navy hat on the road for the Cardinals, it's not contrasting, it just an incredibly out of place navy hat on a uniform set that's predominately navy literally every where else. The only way a navy hat could look good for the Cardinals is which navy undershirts and socks as well, but St. Louis should not wear that much navy so I feel the navy hat (either one) has any reason to exist.

I agree with you 110%, but did you mean "...on a uniform set that's predominately red..."?

I've never understood the love for the navy cap on a uniform that screams for a matching red cap, other than tradition.

Just noticed the baseball (Legend) workout shirts this season have a Star Trek looking font for the team names. I first saw the AstrosK5pyBkZ.jpgand thought that looked pretty cool, it worked for them.

Then I saw the Red Sox 2zbDRD9.jpg?1 ...not so much

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

I agree with you 110%, but did you mean "...on a uniform set that's predominately red..."?

I've never understood the love for the navy cap on a uniform that screams for a matching red cap, other than tradition.

I love the Sunday hat and it should never go away. One of the best hats in the league.

I like the Navy Road hat in a vacuum and was sad to see it demoted to an alt for that reason, but I can't deny the road unis look better with red because it matches the undershirts/cleats/socks.

I also think the BP hat would look great with the Saturday alts, but since it's Diamond Era it might look out of place.

I love the Sunday hat and it should never go away. One of the best hats in the league.

I feel the exact opposite. I think it's one of the worst caps in the league. Not only because it's worn with red batting helmets and therefore only is seen half the game, or because it's replacing one of the best and most iconic hats in baseball, but because it's either a gigantic mutant bird on a normal bat or a normal bird on a toothpick. Their history of wearing it 50 something years ago is the only thing keeping it from being Cubs-road-alt bad.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

That's the best the Indians have looked in their history. It all went downhill when they added silver to the wordmark.

Just about everything about the current Indians identity sucks. I understand phasing out Chief Wahoo to appease the vocal protestors, but was block lettering seriously their best idea for a replacement? Now there's nothing iconic about their look, and if I didn't know any better, I'd think they were a minor league team. (Sorry for my mini rant, but come on! Everyone knows I hate uniforms and logos that didn't have much effort put into them.)

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

I don't dislike the Sunday hats but I would like to replace them. The problem is that I have seen somewhere that they are a favorite of Bill Dewitt so it is unlikely they go away. In fact if they would make a modern version of these(5950, not DiamondEra) then it could replace the all navy and bird on the bat hats at the same time. And yes I would wear them for every road game too.

Stan_Musial_August_1948.jpg

TaxSlayer Bowl_sig.png

Just noticed the baseball (Legend) workout shirts this season have a Star Trek looking font for the team names. I first saw the AstrosK5pyBkZ.jpgand thought that looked pretty cool, it worked for them.

haha that does look like it was designed for the Astros first and then applied to every other team.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Why is the batterman on the Red Sox shirt black and gold?

Archived