MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, unfortunately, the Cubs will be adding a memorial patch.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Marlins comparison is valid on the new wordmarks. I never had a problem seeing the teal "glow" but I understand why they changed it.

From time to time when I would see the late '80s set, it always surprised be how much the progression to the teal sets weren't as drastic as it seemed.

These new alts are like the missing link or "what could have been." I like it as a one-off, but not much more. The navy and teal were modern classics and this could lead to worse things down the road. Worse IMO, of course.

New alts reminded me a lot of these, and these were one of my least favorite uni changes ever:

scan0011.jpg

p-535921-ken-griffey-jr-baseball-card-19

Finding these pics only confirmed my thumbs down.

Yeah, that entire late '80s/early '90s package is so devoid of any character or identity. It's something you would have seen in A-ball at the time.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Yeah, that entire late '80s/early '90s package is so devoid of any character or identity. It's something you would have seen in A-ball at the time.

I think they were an A-ball team back then. :) But to me, the Mariners are a navy and teal team. Plain and simple.

They were royal and yellow for 16 seasons. 2015 will be their 23rd season of navy and teal. Those are Mariners colors, no doubt.

The Marlins comparison is valid on the new wordmarks. I never had a problem seeing the teal "glow" but I understand why they changed it.

From time to time when I would see the late '80s set, it always surprised be how much the progression to the teal sets weren't as drastic as it seemed.

These new alts are like the missing link or "what could have been." I like it as a one-off, but not much more. The navy and teal were modern classics and this could lead to worse things down the road. Worse IMO, of course.

New alts reminded me a lot of these, and these were one of my least favorite uni changes ever:

scan0011.jpg

I hated that Seattle uniform set, but for whatever reason, I liked the hats for the Bellingham Mariners...

Joseph-Georger.jpg?id=ad019ba9-b64f-4d96

The uniforms were the same, but I thought the "B" hat looked really good, whereas the "S" hat was atrocious...

Not exactly sure what the Mariners were going for here. The current uniform in the team's previous colors doesn't satisfy either the "modern classic" or the "old school" fans.

It's like the Brewers current set in royal blue/yellow or a brown/yellow version of the current Padres--what's the point?

I think they were an A-ball team back then. :) But to me, the Mariners are a navy and teal team. Plain and simple.

We've always referred to that set as the softball uniforms.

scan0011.jpg

I hated that Seattle uniform set, but for whatever reason, I liked the hats for the Bellingham Mariners...

The uniforms were the same, but I thought the "B" hat looked really good, whereas the "S" hat was atrocious...

Horrible. As if the uniforms weren't bad enough, going with "M's" and a baseball as the primary logo should have caused someone in the marketing department to lose his or her job. The M's? Seriously?

scan0011.jpg

Horrible. As if the uniforms weren't bad enough, going with "M's" and a baseball as the primary logo should have caused someone in the marketing department to lose his or her job. The M's? Seriously?

How is M's any worse than A's?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

scan0011.jpg

And having a letter and drop shadow as the same color is so bad lol. It looks like it's just one giant letter with a skinny penciled-in one inside

B8DhmjQCUAEjaBW_zps9jezmwuj.jpge

I've never noticed before how it looks like it says MAR INERS. That's gonna bug me.

It doesn't look as bad if the jersey wasn't stretched. If the piping is aligned exactly where it should on the jersey, then it will look fine. But because of it being a fabric with buttons and all, it will seem stretched out. That's the one flaw of a buttoned jersey

Go A's!

I think the Mariner's cream is fine on the unis, though the logos look worse with cream background.

Blue Jays succeeded because frankly they had a mod-classic look all the way to their font... this M's look is so Brewer'ish, there's nothing inspiring about it.

As for the Marlins comp, hey, the Miami Marlins gave permission to all when they went garish Caribbean stylz.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

B8DhmjQCUAEjaBW_zps9jezmwuj.jpge

I've never noticed before how it looks like it says MAR INERS. That's gonna bug me.

It doesn't look as bad if the jersey wasn't stretched. If the piping is aligned exactly where it should on the jersey, then it will look fine. But because of it being a fabric with buttons and all, it will seem stretched out. That's the one flaw of a buttoned jersey

I am not crazy about the redesign of the wordmark on the home and road uniforms (especially the NOB), but since they've made an attempt to emphasize the teal now is the time to bring back the teal bill hat as the home primary and not just for the teal alt. Make it happen Mariners.

seattle-mariners-navy-teal-12-on-field-a

Archived