MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

I am interested to see what the Reds' inevitable All-Star patch will look like. The All-Star logo is nice, but methinks it would look pretty busy on a jersey sleeve, especially given the two tones of red. However, based on the All-Star logo, I've already given up hope that 2015 will be the year the Reds drop the drop-shadow. I did find it interesting (reassuring) that they did not use the black alternate* this year even though it was listed as an on-field option. I hope and pray that the black BP jerseys were a one year experiment...

*Based on the Reds' second half performance, I didn't watch them as religiously the last month or two. That said, I never saw/heard of them wearing it.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Majestic re-upped for 5 years back in 2011 or 2012. So they aren't going anywhere for at least one more year. From what I understand, MLB is very happy with Majestic because they only do MLB. They aren't NIke (NFL and a plethora of college teams), adidas (NBA and college teams), or Reebok (NHL). Majestic is pretty much (but not entirely) devoted to their main customer.

yeah, i really like em´, allthough they very often screw up aut. jerseys for regular customers, like missing front numbers, missing patches, crooked numbers and letters....guess that´s how you know it´s US made .LOL

Yes, but it's optional for players. They can choose to wear nike undershirts, hence the "on field", but unlike Majestic's jerseys and New Era's caps, they don't have to. There's a world of difference in that.

So we're talking two different topics here: exclusive vs. on-field. So we're both right.

Cards.png

Nikes content being the undershirt provider. How many casualll fans think Nike makes the jerseys, when it's just the under shirts.

The majestic logo isn't blatantly visible while the swoosh is front and center during almost every closeup, interview and player profile photo. Not even New Era can match that, and heir the only fitted on fiele Baseball cap in the game and have made the caps exclusively for almost 30 years.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Because of the tweet Chris sent out, does anyone else think the Mets' minor change could be the logo to the citibank center?

That seems too minor to be tweet-worthy, but I doubt the change is anything more than either a patch or a tweak to one of the alts.

Maybe they're eliminating one of their six (including the poopouflage) uniforms? I wouldn't be surprised to see the snow white alt get the axe.

Because of the tweet Chris sent out, does anyone else think the Mets' minor change could be the logo to the citibank center?

That seems too minor to be tweet-worthy, but I doubt the change is anything more than either a patch or a tweak to one of the alts.

Maybe they're eliminating one of their six (including the poopouflage) uniforms? I wouldn't be surprised to see the snow white alt get the axe.

Eliminating the black jersey officially. Not sure if it was worn this season, but it was in the style guide.

Eliminating the black jersey officially. Not sure if it was worn this season, but it was in the style guide.

They've worn it once in the last 3 years (on John Franco's Mets-HOF induction in 2012) and eliminated all other traces of black after 2011. Again I doubt that's it, it seems like too minor of a technicality to even merit mentioning.

They've worn it once in the last 3 years (on John Franco's Mets-HOF induction in 2012) and eliminated all other traces of black after 2011. Again I doubt that's it, it seems like too minor of a technicality to even merit mentioning.
I don't know if that is the news being mentioned, but it is happening.

The snow white is too good of a uniform to get axed.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Agreed. It's the finest outfit in their closet, hands down.

When your crosstown rival is known to local media as "the Pinstripers", when the phrase "he's putting on pinstripes" will never ever be applied to one of your signings, it's time to put them away for good.

I always thought he pinstripes were a nice nod to NY baseball in general and a silent but respectful nod. While they'll never admit it publicly, that was my thought.

Blue- Dodgers

Orange - Giants

Pinstripes- Yankees

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

The Mets have just completed their 53rd season in pinstripes. It's part of their history. And they look better than the dull snow whites.

Hopefully the change is putting Mr. Met on all jerseys, not just the blue ones.

Even if the Mets look better in their plain white jerseys, 1) the pinstriped jerseys look great (though they'd look better in white than cream); and 2) they have had pinstriped jerseys for literally their entire history, including wearing pinstripes for the clinching of two world championships. Even as a non Mets fan, it would seem wrong for them to lose the pinstriped set.

However, if they dropped the pinstripes to balance out the league with the Cubs and a newly-classic royal blue pinstriped Brew Crew, I would be all for it.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Mets have just completed their 53rd season in pinstripes. It's part of their history. And they look better than the dull snow whites.

Hopefully the change is putting Mr. Met on all jerseys, not just the blue ones.

Well stated. Sometimes I feel like people discuss the Mets pinstripes ignoring this history. If after 50 plus years the Mets introduced pinstripes for the first time given how iconic it is across town it wouldnt make sense. But the Mets now have 53 seasons of history. Is it all pretty? No, most of its not but they still have their own history and it includes pinstriped home uniforms.

mets.png

Yes, the Mets have 53 years of history, most of which includes pinstripes as the primary home uniform.

And yet, pinstripes will always be associated with the Yankees. The very word is a synonym for "Yankee". Time to let it go and build the next 53 years of history out of the Bronx's long shadow.

So do the Mets have to trash their NY logo because the "interlocking NY" is more associated with that team slightly up north? Does Dilson Herrera have to change uniform numbers because #2 will always be associated with a certain overrated shortstop who played in the same city? Do they have to change their name to the Queens Mets or Flushing Mets because the team from the Bronx calls itself "New York"?

I don't see why the Mets should trash 53 years of history just because the Yankees also wear pinstripes. And yes, writers and broadcasters call the Yankees the Pinstripes. But I've never heard a Yankee fan call them that.

However, if they dropped the pinstripes to balance out the league with the Cubs and a newly-classic royal blue pinstriped Brew Crew, I would be all for it.

How about the boring old Rockies drop their pinstripes to balance things out for the Brewers?

This thread is making me think about how we really need one progressive identity in the majors right now. Not everywhere, just give me one team that's off the wall. Padres, Mariners, Rays, someone, please. Even the Marlins are holding back.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived