MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The white panel. There are very few caps that I like that are two-toned, so the three-tone with the white front is atrocious to me. But everyone has their opinion.

Yep, those things should have been left in the 1980s. Teen-aged me loved them. 40-something-year-old me doesn't.

After pondering about these caps for a while, I have decided that I dislike them and the fact that they're TOO tacky.

However, there's nothing wrong with simply wearing their regular caps and just put an USA flag patch on the side of it.

Like this:

Flag-Patches-Caps-MLB-911-2013.jpg

This has always been my thought. I bought a Rays cap with the flag patch years ago and I've been wearing it ever since. It's understated but still shows patriotism. The only "special" patriotic cap I've ever liked was the 2008 cap with the RWB logo, but that was essentially the Rays' standard cap with a special logo anyway.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

CEwnBqRVIAAFiEO.jpg

Wow. Didn't think it would happen.

I predicted it two weeks ago . . . and then didn't notice that they had done it until about the 6th inning. :Oo:

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Yep, I was watching some of that game where the Orioles whipped the Blue Jays and noticed that right away...but I think it looks odd. The Orioles script is much better looking.

I suppose they're doing it to "support" their burning neighborhood.

David Lough knows how to wear the socks though.

473018074-david-lough-of-the-baltimore-oimage.jpg

"O" my,,,

20150511__517229~p1_500.jpg

87Redskins.png

After seeing this, I wonder what an Oakland Athletics hat with a green bill, green crown, white logo, and yellow button would look like in a game

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=58644586&cp=1452361.1452841.702927

516035983du.jpg

Ah the single year away caps from '93... I was a huge fan of those when they came out. Still have one in my collection. But if I'm honest the yellow A's that replaced it was superior. To both this and the current away cap.

That white A's on the road cap when there's no white anywhere else in the road unfit in always bothered me. Even as a kid when they appeared in Angels in the Outfield (or was it Little Big League?) I didn't like them. That they went back to a white A last year is a baffling choice.

The Braves current road hat has the exact same problem.

The road hats with the yellow A's that replaced those were awesome, but I agree that the yellow billed home hat is so good it deserves full time status.

PvO6ZWJ.png

That white A's on the road cap when there's no white anywhere else in the road unfit in always bothered me. Even as a kid when they appeared in Angels in the Outfield (or was it Little Big League?) I didn't like them. That they went back to a white A last year is a baffling choice.

The road hats with the yellow A's that replaced those were awesome, but I agree that the yellow billed home hat is so good it deserves full time status.

Especially since the A's cheaped out and now wear the home batting helmets for all games. It's bad when we see the crappy road cap in the field but then see how much better the A's could look minutes later when they're at the plate.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Especially since the A's cheaped out and now wear the home batting helmets for all games. It's bad when we see the crappy road cap in the field but then see how much better the A's could look minutes later when they're at the plate.

Gotta agree this looks miles better than what they usually wear:

USP_MLB__Oakland_Athletics_at_Detroit_Ti

vs.

RoyalsAthletics%20JFS%204-19-15%200159.j

As much as I love the home cap and helmet, I really liked that their road cap and helmet were different. The previous road cap with the gold lettering IMO was really nice and the matching helmet worked with it. They only got rid of the road helmet because of that phase of black they had and they replaced it with that and never bother to bring it back since they just decided one helmet was good enough despite the non-matching caps and helmets.

9464-Miguel-Tejada.jpg

Go A's!

That's not a bad look. That hat is fine in a vacuum. But I think it's a downgrade from their home cap, both on its own merit and how it looks with the rest of the uniform. So they should sell that as a fashion cap and stick with the home cap for all games. Same with the Braves.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

That white A's on the road cap when there's no white anywhere else in the road unfit in always bothered me.

What about the Yankees, Rays, White Sox, Twins, Royals, Rangers, Astros, Phillies, Marlins, Cardinals, Reds, Brewers, Padres, and Dodgers?

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived