MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

Especially since the A's cheaped out and now wear the home batting helmets for all games. It's bad when we see the crappy road cap in the field but then see how much better the A's could look minutes later when they're at the plate.

I hated when the Twins did this with the TC helmets at bat and M hats in the field. Of course the Twins would be cheap.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Era can't even properly manufacture a pillbox hat anymore. That's the point we've reached.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

From a picture that Phil Hecken had tweeted, the American League caps are in the teams' colors while the National League caps are white.

Hmm. Not according to this.

Looks like the new MLB ASG hats are out! They're awesome!

5DTeEjv.jpg

Maybe the white crown version is for the Home Run Derby. IIRC, last year they had two different caps one for the Derby and one for the game.

From a picture that Phil Hecken had tweeted, the American League caps are in the teams' colors while the National League caps are white.

Hmm. Not according to this.

Looks like the new MLB ASG hats are out! They're awesome!

5DTeEjv.jpg

This is the picture in question...

14pcSTO.jpg

(I couldn't post it earlier as I was on mobile)

Since the Padres are hosting the ASG next year, and as we can tell from the past 2 that they are going back in time to make new hats, what possibilities do you think they'll come up with for next year?

I'm not sure about caps, but perhaps yellow jerseys for the NL and brow jerseys for the AL?

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Since the Padres are hosting the ASG next year, and as we can tell from the past 2 that they are going back in time to make new hats, what possibilities do you think they'll come up with for next year?

I'm not sure about caps, but perhaps yellow jerseys for the NL and brow jerseys for the AL?

The ONLY reason I ever watch ANY part of a MLB All-Star game is to see players wearing Cincinnati Reds uniforms in the game. If they take that away, I'll probably never watch another pitch.

They could take each team's normal cap and swap out the colors so it has a white logo on a navy base. That would really pay tribute to what the Padres have accomplished in going from what was once a great color scheme (brown and gold) to the most bland, boring set of uniforms in the game.

People like those? It's like they want to mimic the pillbox style, but on a 6-panel cap. I don't see any way that horizontal stripes look good on a dome. I thought New Era was going to make actual pillbox caps for this game - guess not.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived