MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the new MLB ASG hats are out! They're awesome!

5DTeEjv.jpg

The white ones look good, despite the fact that they are not proper pillbox caps. The A's and Orioles ones are very nice.

But this style doesn't work at all when the crown is in a dark colour.

The dark ones with white stripes (Jays, Angels) look okay. At least the logo reads a little bit on those.

Looks like the new MLB ASG hats are out! They're awesome!

5DTeEjv.jpg

The white ones look good, despite the fact that they are not proper pillbox caps. The A's and Orioles ones are very nice.

But this style doesn't work at all when the crown is in a dark colour.

The dark ones with white stripes (Jays, Angels) look okay. At least the logo reads a little bit on those.

Right. Looking again, I would say that I like those two amongst the hats with the dark-coloured crowns.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

A collection of thoughts on all this...

I like the concept, hell I love the concept of All Star Game caps based on the home city's team... but I can't understand why they wouldn't just do an actual pillbox cap. This just looks like a regular cap that they painted or taped a couple stripes around. They half-assed an otherwise great idea. Maybe they should have just done the simpler "Every cap in Reds' colors w/ a black dropshadow"

This does make me really curious where they go the next few years with this concept especially since we already know the next 3 All star game locations.

I do remember the 2 All Star caps last year but can't remember what was actually worn for the game itself.

Lastly, and we could spend all day on this... overall, despite the fake pillbox shape, there's a few standout designs yet a few total duds that you have to wonder how they got approved. I wanna go over the changes I'd do to each one but damn. lol Also, as a Marlins fan I enjoy that they're the only team with two different colored stripes. I wish they had a black crown though.

So it´s a :censored:ing lie !? Just a concept, then why does it say 2015 limited edition, all star pillbox cap, clearly the jerk behind these, are trying to mess stuff up. :censored: that guy for real

Calm down. They're just hats.

Did the Reds ever actually wear a pillbox hat? I know it's used on the Mr. Redlegs logo, but I can't find anything else.

I always assumed they had, but I can't find any evidence of it, either, other than 1976, of course. The stock photo of the original 1869 team doesn't show them in them and the Dressed To The Nines database only goes back to 1900.

69redstockings.jpg

Crap that's kinda disappointing because with all the faults it was still a great concept that could have worked with some tweaks.

Well, based off last year I'd guess we'll eventually see the real caps and they'll just be in Reds colors with the AL having black bills to mimic the CIN road caps.

Archived