College Football Done By BK95

colinturner95

Yqsl74W.png

After a good conversation, I did decide to update Penn State to make them a bit more modern while keeping the tradition of the school alive.

-added navy helmet, navy pants. Still no logo on the helmet.

-white socks and shoes for a white out option.

Alright... A big thumbs down from me on the navy helmet and pants. It doesn't look good for PSU at all (maybe for another school). The minor stripe changes don't look bad, but I might make the sleeve stripe a little thinner.

I'm also not a fan of the number font, particularly how it looks on the helmet. It feels a bit too wide and blocky (?) almost like Oregon's.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yqsl74W.png

After a good conversation, I did decide to update Penn State to make them a bit more modern while keeping the tradition of the school alive.

Alright... A big thumbs down from me on the navy helmet and pants. It doesn't look good for PSU at all (maybe for another school). The minor stripe changes don't look bad, but I might make the sleeve stripe a little thinner.

I'm also not a fan of the number font, particularly how it looks on the helmet. It feels a bit too wide and blocky (?) almost like Oregon's.

Yeah, if there's one school you don't really mess with, it's PSU.

Yqsl74W.png

Yeah, if there's one school you don't really mess with, it's PSU.

Gonna have to agree. I really like the look, just not for Penn State. Your Washington concept is really good though.

6faTgcs.png

I don't intentionally toy with tradition just to make things look cool. But sometimes, I do find ND's uniform to be bland, and kind of boring.

-2 helmets, normal shiny gold, alternate shiny w/shamrock

-3 jerseys, navy, white, alt green. Colts stripes, shiny gold for consistency, ND logo on the sleeves.

-Font is from Shamrock Series uniforms of the past

-Shiny gold pants, with interlocking ND at the hip

C and C welcome

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Great job on the ND uniforms, especially on the white road jersey, with its numbers/symbols being navy blue with gold trim.

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

Great job on the ND uniforms, especially on the white road jersey, with its numbers/symbols being navy blue with gold trim.

Not sure what you mean by that...our road uniforms have looked like that for the last 30 years.

I like what you did here. I loved that number font (the only redeemable quality from that set), and would have no problems seeing it full-time. The shiny gold to match the helmet would be welcomed as well. I'm not sure how I feel about the shoulder hoops...we've used them in the past, so there's precedence, but it doesn't feel like Notre Dame. They do look nice though.

Not sure what you mean by that...our road uniforms have looked like that for the last 30 years.

No disrespect, but my point was that it should be like having the navy numbers with gold trim, but UNDER that Shamrock Series font, instead of the 'traditional' block font. Besides, have you seen the white ones from 2013?

adidas-notre-dame-shamrock-series.jpg

Having gold numbers with green trim doesn't fit me well. Good thing that on his concept jersey, it's based on the original traditional uniform series; but with the modern font. That's all I was trying to clarify a bit.

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

No disrespect, but my point was that it should be like having the navy numbers with gold trim, but UNDER that Shamrock Series font, instead of the 'traditional' block font. Besides, have you seen the white ones from 2013?

Having gold numbers with green trim doesn't fit me well. Good thing that on his concept jersey, it's based on the original traditional uniform series; but with the modern font. That's all I was trying to clarify a bit.

Okay, I get what you're saying. Thanks for clarifying!

Okay, I get what you're saying. Thanks for clarifying!

@mbannon92 - No prob. Sorry for not saying it way earlier.

Back to the ND uniform set, how about seeing some navy blue pants (all-navy & white-over-navy jersey combos) and/or a gold jersey (gold-over-navy or gold-over-white jersey combos)? I bet it would look legit in certain terms.

0fgWJ1W.png

Pitt - Simple, easy. No chrome helmets, nothing shiny.

-Used the 2010 Pro Combat "PITT" logo in place of the current.

-Gold and White helmet, using new helmet stripe

-Navy and white jersey, no gold, did not look good. Same pattern for stripes.

-Gold, white, navy pants, same pattern.

-Navy socks, gold shoes

C and C... go.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

The Pitt jersey concept looks amazing. But if it was me, I would prefer the number font that they once had back from 1997 to 2003. Hope to see some gold pants and a possible navy helmet too. Anyways, great job. BTW, what's the font on the PITT wordmark on that helmet?

z6uJAZf.png

I feel that with Boise State, the major issue is consistency between uniforms. I tried to fix that and make the uniforms look better.

-Grey is relegated to a more minor role.

-Yes, the logo/number treatment remains. BSU started the trend, so I felt it appropriate for them

-3 helmets. Blue,white, orange. Each with the Bronco on one side, number on the other. Each has a shiny, not chrome facemask.

-3 jerseys. Blue,white, orange. Bronco logo on the sleeves, inspired by the 2010 PC jersey. Boise State wordmark on the chest. Shiny numbers on the jerseys. Grey on the blue, blue on the white/orange. Bronco head on the collar

-3 pants. Blue, white, orange. Heavily inspired by the 2010 PC. Bronco head on the hips. Broncos up the leg, Thin colored stripe.

-Blue/white socks and shoes.

C and C ... and go

AmPJ0Ty.png 

About the Boise St. concept, I like the helmet logo design. But I mostly admire the number font (not sure if it's on Conrad's font list yet). And the logo design on the sleeves make the uniform look more unique in some perspective. Anyways, great job!

PITT

I really am a fan of Pitt's current uniforms but dislike the tannish look of their gold pants (I think they should wear the color of the ones that ND currently wears but with the wide stripe). I like what you've done with Pitt's block lettering too (although I'm really a sucker for the Pitt script).

Pitt will never wear white helmets--white helmets are for that school in the middle of the commonwealth. Pitt may, at some point, however, create a blue helmet.

Overall pretty cool. Thanks for posting.

I'm late to the party, but I LOVE what you've done with Penn State.

The name of the game here is CONCEPTS, and these really move PSU into a modern style without losing touch with their past. What you've done is how I imagine Penn State looking if Nike did a "brand makeover" on them:

Simple. Clean.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived